Eating Just Enough

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Corie Henson, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Eating just enough is not for me and now my doctor said I must loose 6 pounds till Feb. 2016! Oh well this is the price I pay for not eating just enough. I love food.
    I love to eat food and enjoy it. Now I got to loose weight. I should have just eaten enough!

2. Amy Read

Amy Read Veteran Member
    Registered

When I was still younger and up to now at my age I had this same body weight that is just right for my height. It had not changed all through the years even though sometimes I eat more during some occasions. Maybe it is because that I had a slow metabolism that is why I do not gain too much weight. And honestly speaking I am eating just enough even in my younger years that is why I am not that thin and not that fat and I had always enjoyed my normal weight and I hope this will be in my lifetime.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Backsliding. My wife's sweet tooth was our downfall. She talked me into making a sweet potato cake. We each had two large pieces. I'm surprised I only gained 2 pounds back of the 11 I had lost. My goal now is to lose 7 pounds. Actually my goal is to get rid of this belly fat and I was hoping 5 more pounds would do it. Now I have to lose 5 pounds plus the 2 I just gained back.

The cake sure was good though and there's plenty left. Hmmm, cake for breakfast?

4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, what @Bill Boggs said. Too many people want to have fast results at first and don't realize when we do that, it's just water that will return anyhow. A pound a week is great, and recommended, Chrissy.

Also remember that there are many factors that can cause a higher reading on any given day... often what we had for supper the night before. Not just high salt either... all kinds of things. Constipation :rolleyes: and even fat *sometimes* turning to muscle (although some dispute that one.)

It's also recommended to not just go by numbers on the scale but to carefully do measurements as well... sometimes we are losing inches and for some reason no one really understands (unless it's that "fat turning to muscle and weighing the same as muscle" thing again) the scale doesn't reflect a loss.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I wish it was fat turning to muscle but I seriously doubt that's the reason.

It might be I'm eating more calories than I thought.

3-4 lbs won't affect the fit of my clothes too much either except in the waist of jeans that were already too tight. :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  6. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

:D Okay, granted sometimes it's that, too! I read recently that we need to watch the "BLT's" ... which stands for "bites, licks, and tastes" because we forget to count those often. I know a guy who went through years thinking he didn't have to count the calories on his orange juice because it was healthy and a drink. :rolleyes:

Personally... let me think what I may forget to count. Well, most recently it was a little peanut butter on a celery stick. Peanut butter is *not* an insignificant number of calories, after all! Tastes for seasoning while I'm cooking... well, the list could go on and on if I think about it too much!

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's probably what it is for me and I'm probably eating just the right amt to maintain but not lose.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

My scale says I have lost 1 1/2 pounds since Monday. I LOOOOVE my scales. :D Truthfully, though, my weight can vary from day to day.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Great job, Shirley!

I weigh myself first thing in the morning when all I have on is a long sleeve tee and undies. I was cold this morning so I put my socks on before weighing. Wonder if they weigh a pound?

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

That's it!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D Darned socks!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

My scales of late tells I am going the wrong direction; I'm gaining and my emergency brake is not working.

Lois Winters and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeah, when I was a kid, there was a small potato chip factory in Stephenson, Michigan. They would sell their overcooked product at 25-cents for a large cardboard box of chips, and I thought the overcooked ones were way better than their regular ones, anyhow. I don't know if they regularly sold them but my dad was a scout leader so he would pick them up for scouting events sometimes, and we'd get some at home, as well. The closest thing to them that I can find now is the dark Russett chips. I'm thinking of chips now because I have been on a soup diet for over a month now, and if I'm going to break a diet for chips, it will be chips and dip, which magnifies the problem. But, I haven't given in yet.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Audrey Claire

Audrey Claire Well-Known Member
    Registered

If you really need to lose weight, then one plate of buffet food is all you should have. Choose seafood or chicken without creamy sauces; same with salads. Avoid breads, pastries and potatoes. When you’re faced with a buffet, you need to get serious or walk away. There are no easy solutions.

15. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Audrey … Welcome to this topic...
    To us low carbers, buffets are extremely dangerous..
    I seldom go to buffets but when I do, I go only for the veggies and the meat dishes.. Forget those awful desserts..
    Where I live, there are NO eating places other than ones home..