Electric Cars

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Don Alaska, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

The banks have been in on the racket for a couple decades from what I've, they just get paid under the table, I guess.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Could also be government pressure.

Consumer: "We need government to protect us form evil corporations."
    Government: "Sure. I'll take all the power you'll foist on me to screw you with later. Sucker."

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The same can and probably will happen here. So long as the government can wield the sword of Damocles over the heads of the larger banks in the U.S., should the woke portion of our government get a good foothold, we had best keep whatever we have in good running condition.

Note: From what I understand, the Federal Reserve Bank makes the rules and regulations for other banks.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I think electric cars will lead to more pedestrian accidents. I was almost hit by one in the crosswalk. I had the right of way but some never observe the rules, so I look and listen. This car was approaching the stop sign so I started across the walk. He must have run the sign and turned, no blinker on and I turned and saw him in time because another car honked to get my attention. The electric car was about 6 inches behind me. The driver didn't even indicate he saw me. Electric cars and pot high drivers seems to be our future.

Electric cars as silent killers may be the traffic problem of the future.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Probably a toon just leaving his moms basement,

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. John Brunner

This was an issue early on. I believe there was some discussion of requiring them to make some kind of sound to avoid that issue...dunno what became of those ideas.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. John Brunner

This is probably why the .gov wants to mandate them:

-First there was COVID
    -What COVID did not kill gets the mRNA shot
    -What the mRNA shot did not kill gets starved out
    -What don't get starved out gets their power cut off and will freeze/sweat to death
    -What don't freeze/sweat to death will have tens of thousands of armed "IRS agents" swarming their neighborhoods
    -Then they got the Prius to sneak up on the stragglers

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

330 million plus people here in the USA, getting run over by an electric car would be something that happened to me.. I think the problem will soon heal itself, people who once were so dumb are slowly beginning to read the truth and what can be expected with an absolute take over of our transportation system without any forethought of the problems it can and will produce. It is not practical and not safe in any circumstance. Just read the fire hazards not to mention the acrid smoke one of those batteries would produce. It would be like an ammonia truck going over the rail on a freeway, which did happen in Houston some years ago. Emergency crews had no way to get in quickly and help people trapped in cars due to the massive cloud of ammonia. It killed all the freeway grass in short order. I think this is one of those boondoggles only a politician intent on getting rich off of a stupid idea that was forced onto the public. I would love to know which politicians have already bought stocks in electric cars and all the sub systems that take to make it possible. We might be surprised ....

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Any vet dealing with helicopters who has seen the after effects of what a single overheated / exploded 28 volt NiCad can do to a chopper would ever want to sit on a whole bank of batteries in a car.
    I ain’t about to go out looking like a suicide bomber.

10. John Brunner

It's an interesting take. I guess it all depends on how the media twists the first family tragedy caused by batteries in a crash.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The latest gossip is that Biden met with the ev car manufacturers EXCEPT Tesla to discuss further subsidies. Musk not pleased. But I hope he beats the pants off of everyone, sales wise.

12. John Brunner

Our damned government is so overtly corrupt.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Our fate was sealed in 1913,with the Federal Reserve that isn't federal at all but private. We can't trust anyone.

"Want to know who rules over you, just find out who it is you can't ridicule."forgot who said this?

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I recently read that some localities are already having trouble dealing with battery disposal from electric cars and the price of lithium has gone through the roof with all the government pressure for EVs. One source said a tesla battery weighs over 1000 pounds. I have no idea if that is true or not.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Musk openly declared that he was voting Republican next time so it’s no wonder Biden didn’t want to deal with him. Of course, the smart thing would have been the diplomatic approach in order to possibly smooth over any differences but Biden only knows how to bribe people into submitting to what he wants. Ref. Ukraine versus Hunter Biden and a billion dollar bribe.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.