End Times

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Martin Alonzo, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Fukushima could be the end times for this planet. The Pacific Ocean is either dead or dying there are fish washing ashore dead and all other sea life. The west coast of Canada has little to none shore line animals. It is so bad in Japan they are not allowed to talk about on the news media. The US government have stopped putting out reports on the increase of radiation across the country. The Pacific Ocean is the largest supplier of food. Fukushima is still putting tons of radioactive water into the ocean every day it has not stopped the only thing that has happen they are not talking about it.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have read an article that a nuclear leak is hazardous since the radioactivity remains even after 50 years. And we are talking of a contained leak. What about a nuclear plant explosion? I cannot imagine that we are the ones destroying our planet. Maybe man should rethink his position vis-a-vis the natural resources that includes the remaining space. We cannot continue on increasing the population, that is disastrous.

My husband wrote a short story as his prediction of the future. It is a futuristic story about the destruction of the natural resources and the earth itself. Here is the link to that blog - http://fantascific.blogspot.com/2005_10_12_fantascific_archive.html

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I have faith in the earths abilities to heal itself, no matter what has happened to it. This is not the first time, nor the worst time that radiation has attacked this earth. I read that the world is at least 4.5 billions of years old, and it has face more disasters, (ice age, total flooding, mass world wide fires), than our little human minds can fathom.

We more than likely won't be here for more than a blink in the eye of time, and for many reasons. As some say, we could destroy ourselves, other's say we will evolve into beings that travel the galaxies. Can you imagine the beauty of other galaxies and planets?

I think there was a reason we weren't here for billion of years, and after our time on this earth, I'm sure the world will go on, just as our creator planned.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, the Earth will heal itself as long as it exists. Whether natural or man-made disasters or overpopulation deplete the food supply, disease, starvation, and//or wars will reduce the population to sustainable levels.

5. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I think the planet will do just fine but the people are in deep trouble.

6. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I watched a documentary on Chernobyl which was also a nuclear plant that had a meltdown. What was interesting was that although the area was left with no people, the vegetation and animals have remained. In fact I think the editorial may have been called the Wolves of Chernobyl or something to that effect. It was actually pretty interesting to learn how nature had adapted due to the folly of man.

About the best thing any of us can do is try to be a defender of the earth. If you walk a nature path and see garbage pick it up. Try and maintain even if a small portion of your property in a state that is attractive to the birds and the bee's. I like to add flowers that the butterflies like. This year I let the Thistle grow on one side and got the most beautiful yellow finches. I try not to think about all the awful things people do to nature and wildlife.

7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I used to joke about missing the beginnings of life on earth but maybe I'll see the end. Each day it seems a little more likely, and is not a joke anymore.

8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Bees.

80% of the bee population has vanished in the past 6 months according to a PBS documentary, "Silence of the Bees" that won the Peabody Award. It was published February 2015. The decline began in 2006 when there were 4+ Billion bee colonies. Now there are 2+ Billion. "The math says that if you lose 30 percent of your bee colonies every year for a few years, you rapidly end up with close to 0 colonies left." -Washington Post July 2015. The bees will be gone in 4 years according to an Einstein quote.

Bees are responsible for most of our important crops such as vegetables, fruit, seeds, and cotton. If that happens then all that will be left is corn, rice, and wheat to eat. All color and vitality will be gone in life. No one knows the exact reason but there are some ideas such as pesticides, a virus, and even aids. The pesticides could be replaced but Monsanto is too powerful to let that happen at this point. No one knows what to do but, according the the July Washington Post, the bee population has increased recently from 2.2billion to 2.4billion….largely due to beekeepers who are taking a dying colony and putting half of a living colony in with it, resulting in 2 live colonies.

As of February 2015, CDC (Colony Collape Disorder as they are calling this) is affecting 35 states and also Europe, Australia, and China.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    Sheldon Scott and Ike Willis like this.
  9. Sheldon Scott

Registered

I see very few honey bees anymore. Most of the pollination is done by bumblebees and some smaller bees. Since bumblebees don't seem to be affected I have doubts that pesticides are the problem though they certainly could be.

Lara Moss likes this.
  10. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember having zucchini plants one year, about 2007, that produced lots of healthy zucchini. Then, the very next year, same plants, had tons of blossoms but never any zucchini…not a one. And I saw a couple of dead honey bees on my deck. I remember wondering at the time if my town had sprayed over our whole town for mosquitos (or whatever) because I vaguely remembered reading something about that. I haven't seen any honey bees since. And so, I don't grow vegetables anymore…just herbs.

But I think, if the farmers continue to do their magic with the hive-switching, then the threat may be over and the colony numbers will grow.

11. Sheldon Scott

Registered

I do use insecticide but I don't spray where or when anything is blooming. A citywide spray as you mentioned couldn't possibly avoid spraying on blooms.

12. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Even if you don't spray it on the blooms, doesn't the pesticide get sucked up into the leaves and up through the roots?…much like when you put a celery stalk into a glass of water with blue dye in it….in a day or two the whole stalk is blue. There is a pesticide that's safe but I forgot the name of it. It was mentioned in the documentary "Silence of the Bees" but said the government is refusing to use it. Monsanto is no help with that.

13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Use neem oil as an insecticide it is natural and will not effect bees. There has been reports that the whole west coast has little to no insects. I remember when I was young if you went for a drive in the countryside your windshield would be covered with dead bugs but not now. It is not just bees that are gone even the birds.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:It was so unfortunate what had happened to Japan and Russia with their nuclear power plants! I have found a United Nations report on it and it'll ease your mind "The Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power plant accident". Lately in Hawaii we have had storms with lightening that slices through the skies to hit land. I'm 61 and throughout my life and my Mom's life this type of lightening has not happened till now. We have power plants and gas stations that I hope lightening never hit! We have prayers to help us, bring forth miracles and should always pray any time anywhere.:)

15. Martin Alonzo

Registered

They did not tell you in the report that it is still spilling tons of radio active water into the ocean and so far they have no way of stopping it. Other like Chernobyl, and three mile island were at least brought under control but there is no control in sight for this one.