Evil Product Advertising

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I breast fed all 3 of mine,but then I wasn't working when they were born. Momma told me breast fed babies are never sick and their breath smells good. Had my first 1968, next one 1970 last 1971 IOW's during hippy years yet most hippys didn't breast feed.

My freinds who bottle fed were always dealing with sick babies. Plus who wants to get up in middle of night and prepare bottles. Only fed them a few months.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For various reasons, some mothers do have to feed their children baby formula rather than breast milk, but these numbers would be too low to sustain a baby formula production operation so, in order to have the baby formula for those who truly need it, it was necessary to market it to those who don't, as well. That's one argument, anyhow.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes women who work don't have much option but like I said I wasn't at the time so I could.
    Not everybody can breast feed for different reasons.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

5h796brh4e191.jpg

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have heard that quite a few people will photo shop their pictures for internet singles platforms. Duh…..

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I think the government promotes infant formula as a way to diminish the bonding experience...and once you stop lactating, you are dependent on an outside source to keep your own child alive.

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.

8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I have the complete Charles Atlas course, I got it in one delivery rather than one lesson at a time like most. My father and I were visiting his brother (my uncle), he had a visitor a well-built older man, I was about fourteen at the time who I find out is Charles Atlas's brother. I also discovered Charles Atlas is a distant cousin on my grandmother's side. I was heavy into playing baseball at the time, Charles Atlas's brother offered to send me the complete exercise program.
    After reading through the lessons I picked out some of the exercises that I used up until I was about 45 years old. With these exercises there's no fear of becoming muscle-bound they added strength and kept you in shape which is perfect when you play baseball. Charles Atlas claim to fame was that he had the perfect body every muscle on the right side measured exactly the same as what was on the left side. These exercises use the principal call Dynamic tension and didn't require anything special to do them. I even did them at work during lunch and breaks. Most of the exercises used the concept of pitting one muscle against the other. Later when isometrics came out it was similar idea.
    Also he is a big advocate of eating healthy, of getting your vitamins through eating proper Foods

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.