Fire, Fire

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Tony Page, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I hope your getting help and insurence is paying like they should.
    Tony I hope you and the family are coming along ok after this tragedy. We are just dealing with hurricane remnants and illness,which don't compare with yours but still lots of work.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We have two trailers on the property, my daughter and her family are in one me and my wife are in the other. They are comfortable we have all the accommodations we need. I've attempted a number of times to go into the house and pick through stuff looking for things that I'd like to keep, unfortunately I don't get around very well and I've fallen a few times but I'll keep at it. I have retrieved some items and clean them but I'm constantly thinking of things I'd like to get out. Strong fire smell keeps my attempts at retrieving to a minimum even when I'm wearing a mask, if I stay too long I suffer for a few days after with asthma type attacks.

This is a photo of the two trailers on the property with the house in the background. My trailer is the one across the front, my daughter's is in the driveway.

20221114_122324.jpg

We've been doing a lot of shopping especially for clothes and kitchen appliances, the refrigerator while small is starting to fill up so we have food, don't have to order out as much.
    Since the house doesn't have power the backyard lights are not functioning so I bought a set of solar lights that I have to put up.
    Needless to say we've been busy it's tiring but we hope soon we'll be at an even keel.
    Sorry I talk too much thanks for asking.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Tony you don't talk too much and thank you for letting us know how things are going. Those trailers look very nice, but I do understand change for us now is harder, keep us posted. Take care.

Tony Page and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I feel like a complainer, I just got back from picking my two grandsons from school they had after school activities. The reason I picked them up and not my daughter just prior we had an emergency here for her she had the symptoms of a heart attack. We're waiting to hear from her or the doctors. EMTs had her chew on an aspirin and gave her an IV with something her blood pressure was up but they gave her an EKG and it seemed normal so that's good news.
    My wife is falling apart on me and I am having a hard time keeping things together here. Got to go I'll keep you updated.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Not s complainer just one of us going through some hard times, and sharing it with others here and why not ,isn't that one reason we're here, to socialize and help each other by having those who listen even if its just in media??
    This is kind of like a social marriage, in sickness and in health.:) I know I sure share, sometimes too much.:D

Joe Smith, Mary Stetler and Tony Page like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Complain all you like!!! I am amazed how you can keep your sanity under all the stress!
    Just hold on.

7. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hang in there Tony.

Marie Mallery and Tony Page like this.
  8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Joe I'm trying my best

Marie Mallery likes this.
  9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

My daughter is staying overnight in emergency they want to monitor her.
    They gave her morphine for the pain which seems to be on the right side going into her jaw.
    My wife was on the internet playing doctor she thinks it might be gallbladder.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh I forgot the good thing is I'm taking care of the dogs they help me get focused on other things.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

They don't call them 'mans best friend ' for nothing. Ours make us smile of course they can make me frown at times too.:D

Joe Smith, Mary Stetler and Tony Page like this.