First Snow

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We got a dusting last night, but it is still lightly snowing. An inch was predicted, but nothing like that so far. Nothing to plow.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It got down to 28 degrees for a couple of days last week but thankfully no snow.
    Heck, if we get 1/32nd of an inch the whole city panics. People call out from work, schools close down, emergency people are on standby, overpasses close down etc.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Last year I didn't even bother putting gas in the snow blower. We got so little snow that I could just push it to the side. Hoping for the same this year.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You do realize that you just jinxed it. Now there’s gonna be so much snow that it’ll be too high to sign your name in yellow in it.

Don Alaska and Ed Wilson like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

BTW, it has snowed in both Henderson (where we are) and in Las Vegas before. Not very likely, but it has happened. If it did, we are completely ready for it............still have ALL of our winter clothes and not getting rid of any of it.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Don Roles

Don Roles Well-Known Member
    Registered

Usually I land up putting the snowblower on the tractor in the snow in below freezing temps but this year I have it on already in the hope that being all ready will mean that very little will fall this year (wishful thinking?!) Also got the little walk behind checked out and ready to go up from the barn and sitting in the corner of the garage to reinforce that hope ....LOL

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I still have the plow on, but I haven't mounted the snowblower yet. If I need to, I can pick up the blower with forks and bring it into the heated garage where I can mount it in comfort.:)

Don Roles and Ken Anderson like this.