Four Things That Would Happen If We Didn't Have Compulsory Schooling Laws

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good evening to all-

Boring again, Bobby. You can find anything you want online if you look at the "right" sources.

Subsidies are just what the name means- extra money paid to initiate certain experimental programs. The feds don't pay for general ed- never have. The feds don't have any say about what teachers teach on a day to day basis. Not Obama's folks and certainly not the soon to be gone resident of the White House and his people. Betsy DeVoss could not advise any teacher on any subject about anything. She is totally ignorant about real school- she just likes the concept of public school funds for "private" schools for "her kind of kids."

It will be a grand day when the present occupant and his minions exit.

good day to all- Ed

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ah, so again you come back with little or no reason other than to troll the Trumpers.
    Allow me to ask a serious question.
    Did you grade your students on facts or opinions? I mean, personal opinion is all you have brought to the table thus far. What you deem as “boring” are facts so that leads me to believe that as a teacher you must have graded students if their opinions matched your own thought processes. e.g. Give ‘em an A if his or her opinions match up with mine. You must really hate to study.........

I’m a teacher.....look at me. Sad.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You might be a teacher but you're still wrong. Don't worry about it, as teachers are often wrong, and even more so when they can't tell the difference between a fact and a personal or political opinion. By the way, I was also a teacher; the program chairman, in fact. We have a lot of teachers here.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  4. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

A lot of pro-(whatever) agree with you, or you with them. That opinion is of course going to change soon when it is seen what happens. Oh, it might take years, even decades..... but that opinion is of course going to change... maybe too late.

Silvia Benoit likes this.
  5. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wow.... a teacher with a totally uninformed opinion contrary to known history and facts for the last 60 years or more...

6. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

[QUOTE="Jeff Elohim, but that opinion is of course going to change... maybe too late.[/QUOTE]

And it may be so so late that nobody would be allowed to speak out said change.