Free Will

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Jan Ahlmann, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am in a situation that is so emotionally devastating it brings me to my knees most days, but especially this time of year. For a long time I was so angry at God because I knew He could fix it and end my pain.

One day I was reading a book, it was just a fiction book, not about God, and there was a line that said, "Free will means that they have it too." That hit me right where I needed to be hit! God wasn't punishing me. He was allowing the others involved to have their free will, too, even though they don't believe in God, but that makes His blessing all the more real. It doesn't make this any easer for me, but at least I'm not angry at God anymore.

On another note: I love to walk. I always have probably because my Mom and I used to walk every where when I was little. She called me her "shadow." Twice this past year, while I was walking my dog, I was in so much physical pain I didn't think I could take another step. I stopped, looked to heaven and asked Jesus to take my pain. It was instantly gone. There are lots of times when I'll just think, "I wish this headache, or whatever, would just go away," but it doesn't. It's only happened those two times when I sincerely asked Jesus for help. I don't over use it. I save it for those times when I don't think I can move another inch.

Thanks for listening.

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Great story, simply GREAT!! Thank you so much.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It IS amazing when God just answers prayers like that, isn’t it. I have had times when God answered prayers like that for me, too.

One time, I was out riding horseback with my three kids along on their ponies, and I was riding my Arabian stallion.
    Suddenly, several loose horses came galloping down a driveway we were passing by, and were running all around us. I had a terrible time just keeping Raffix under control because he was bellaring and trying to fight, and I was afraid one of the kids would fall off of their pony and be trampled; but there was literally nothing I could do about the situation.

I just screamed in my mind (or maybe out loud ? ) “God , I need my guardian angels RIGHT NOW !”
    Instantly, all of those horses whirled around and ran back down that driveway. I just knew that it had to be God sending His angels to protect me and my children.

Sometimes, we just can’t fix things we want to fix, and God doesn’t fix them either. We just have to keep praying and wait for God’s timing , I think, @Jan Ahlmann .
    PS, that is a beautiful quilt, too.
    Maybe post a thread about your quilts in the hobbies section ?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  4. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

WOW! What a testament to God’s power that is! Thank you for sharing and thanks for the kind words.
    This quilt shows the reason I love quilting. It’s just sewing straight lines and the play of light and dark fabric makes it look 3D.