Freelance Writing

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Avigail David, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Writing content for websites does make good sense in starting up a home-based online business. A lot of you may have been doing that for years and found the secret in earning money through the internet. Making our computer-internet experiences enjoyable, making money at the same time. Of course, apart from catching up with social networking on the side, online diploma courses, writing relevant ideas for forum discussions, and the like. Information is readily available on the web.

Writers are at par with being up to date wherever needed. Of course, we start small. And manageability of that online freelance business is the main goal-- to keep track of writing assignments. Freelance is good option while making sleep and family times enjoyable and priority.

Freelance writing for online marketing-- meaning, getting paid for your 500-1000 word articles. Getting your articles out there on the internet. There are thousands of online writing jobs out there. Search out Dr. Google. There are other writing related sites that offer writing opportunities.

Overwhelms me. But quite exciting.

2. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been doing that for a while. I'm a "ghost writer", as in, I write articles and what not for others to publish under their own name. It's really well paying, and I have nothing against publishing under another writer's name.

3. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Actually there are more much writing gigs to look at than they were back ten years ago. Problem to today is that too many of these pay peanuts for your hard job, not to to mention they are too demanding when it comes to your qualifications, demanding academic writing and paying by 50 cents or less per a 500-word article.

Building your own freelance writing service, networking, and building your own clients database is the way to go for a decent income. Otherwise having the ability to land projects from reputable companies that pay well.

4. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I've also written hundreds of articles and other types of content over the past year and none of those pieces appear under my name, which is fine by me as long as I'm getting paid to write them.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am enhancing my writing skills that's why I joined forums. At least I get a different view of life because I am always confined with my office work. And having tasted some online earnings, the money, no matter how small, is a consolation at least for all my efforts in thinking what to write and checking what I write. You see, writing online is not writing for the sake of writing but it is writing for the sake of sharing. You need to share something and it's not easy.

6. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep, exactly my following. As long as I bring the money in, I'll do just about anything. After all, I need some extra money for my technology hobbies. I'm really considering buying a drone right now.

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Interesting. What are the topics you address and is your content based on research, experience, personal opinion, etc.?

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you look at her avatar, this person wrote this post in 2015, and she has not been active on the forum since that year., @Thomas Windom . It is always good to check and see if a person is still active before asking them a question that might not be seen or answered.

10. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ah, thanks, missed that. I am usually more observant than that.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

We've all done it at least once.;)

Thomas Windom likes this.