From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Another one broke out of the mad house again. He was after Babs while ago. I wanted to tell her to run home and lock the door but didn’t because this is a conversation forum. But, I am heating the branding iron.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  2. Bill Boggs

Registered

Got the damage estimate from the insurance adjuster. $14,447.96. from hail and wind. Damage all over town, but the further north was the hardest hit. Woe is me. Then I think of Job crying out to the Lord, Why me, Lord? And as
    Steven King tells it, the Lord says to Job, Sometime Job, You just piss me off.
    Maybe so.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Wife is hungry. I’m a little bit. We’re having pancakes. She uses Sand Plum Jelly, I use syrup. Coffee requird.

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Great posts Billy! I really enjoy the poetic flow. Don't get that branding iron too hot as some have thin skin. They can shoot the bull but their hide is chicken skin thin.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    Nancy Hart likes this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Registered

She's a priority on my YouTube. Sounds good, don't she?

Faye Fox and Nancy Hart like this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

I recently finished lunch. I had a hamburger patty. So round so firm so fully packed I could hardly eat the thing. Did anyone ever notice
    how tightly packed Angus Beef, say 8l0/20 0r 85/15. I ne3eded a hatchet. If I'm ever in charge of buying hamburger, I don't wan an Angus
    and I want]ts the l fat content and the lean content to be 27/73,. I want some taste and be ableto chew on it and get it chopped up all by myself.;
    Wow!@ Terrible stuff.

Okay, that's out of the way. My son is outside on the old patio that blew away, giving hios mother a haircut (we don't get out unless we have to)
    I may be next although nobody has said so..

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Agree. I always get the 75/25 ground beef. Not so dry. You can always drain off too much fat, but you can't add it back. Good luck on the haircut.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

I slapped a little peanut butter and strawberry preserves on a thick piece of white bread, folded it over, made a cup
    of Irish breakfast hot tea and called it dinner. Two young boys are riding bikes along the street and up onto my driveway. Five and six year olds they are. One of them, the five year old whose grand parents live next door
    asked his mama if Bill could be another daddy. He said we can talk and he don’t get mad. A nice touch, huh?

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

Going back to reading Montana Sky tomorrow. I'm about forty percent into it. Starting to be a story. Moves a bit slow
    but I think it wilol be a good read.

Joe Riley and Ruby Begonia like this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

77A9D59B-87A2-4300-A0A5-64B7ED26FF2C.jpeg
    Okay, I’ve been a little negative. I ‘ll try to do better. but I wonder.
    I’ve got my estimate for the April 28th hail and wind storms. Mostly roof damage but no leaks in the house and a couple of windows knocked out. Some other minor damage but doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. After deductible and depreciation, I wasn’t awarded enough to replace roof which will run
    4 to 6 K. What I’m wondering if there are no leaks, why put a new roof now. I know any additional
    damage I might have later from storms would not be covered. I’m not sure what to do. I think the insurance company screwed me on depreciation but not much I can do about. I’m not complaining about what they awarded. Wondering whether to roof now or wait. Another hail storm might come along here in Oklahoma and hammer you again shortly after roofing. What to do?

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  11. Bill Boggs

Registered

Okay. I changed the game plan on you giving you a chance to edit or delete. The results the same. Your advise accepted.

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

{Thanks}

If you put on a new roof the insurance company wouldn't be able to depreciate that one much, would they? I suppose your premiums will go up now.

I too put off replacing the mobile home roof here because it wasn't leaking inside. Then I thought, after it leaks there could be a mess if I don't notice it immediately. At minimum repainting. Broke out in a sweat. Got a new roof. But we don't get much hail here.

Just typing through my hat. Take no notice. Good luck with your thinking. I hate making decisions.

Joe Riley and Ruby Begonia like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks. You’ve been a great conversation partner. I have greatly enjoyed discussing harmonica and other things of common interest with you and that may continue only not here on Wide Spot. I need
    a break from the goings on here and it's like the boss here says, people come and people go.

Nothing you have done or said has any bearing here. You are blameless. I 'm going to take a short
    break. I'll catch up to you and others out on the main forum. Be good to yourself.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Joe Riley and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

hearty-laugh.gif

Bill Boggs likes this.
  15. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

:D:D

Bill Boggs likes this.