Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

yes .. if anyone eats poison mushrooms they can die or become very ill,..which happened to my father one time,
    He became very seriously ill from just a tiny bite of that mushroom, in those days , doctors would come to your home if its a real emergency,
    It was a scary time for our family.. after that he never picked mushrooms again,!!

Then shortly after that happened, .. i use to collect mushrooms and I read about each one!!

But right now i could not tell you one from the other, lol...

Kate Ellery likes this.
  3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

NO games tonight........................... I had an indecent ....
    I was OK all day as I didn't do any work and basically took the day off from outside work..
    Late in the afternoon I suddenly felt extremely weak, dizzy and light headed.. I didn't pass out but I fell down in the living room as I couldn't even have the strength to stand up on my own.. I was helped back into my recliner chair by my dear wife and I just sat there sweating like crazy and feeling cold.. I started to get a bit crazy in my thinking and I didn't make any sense................................................
    My wife called the ambulance and the paramedics came over very quick.. They took my blood pressure and it was extremely low.. It was 102/48.. My pulse was 61..They also tested me for other items and I was OK.. It wasn't a stroke.. They analyzed it as being a low blood pressure moment.. They continued to take my pressure and it slowly went up a bit.. They offered to take me to the hospital but I refused as I have had enough of hospitals lately.. .......................................................
    I have my own blood pressure machine at home.. I kept on monitoring myself and every time it was going up a bit..
    I am still very weak and my pressure is coming up.. Last time I took it at home it was 112/78.. Still low but not crucial.....................
    I am off to bed early tonight.. No games !!!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

That’s a scare we don’t need ….. Steve ……. however my hubby has BP like your reading most days …..

So I’d be making an appointment to see your GP to be sure you didn’t have a mild heart attack cause it sure sounds like it….remember it’s not always chest pain.

and I’m not sure if the Paramedics can tell without a doing a special blood test ?

I’m guessing they tested you for Covid
    Take care

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am glad to hear that you didn’t have to make another hospital trip, @Steve North . You might be sweating out more salt since it is warmer now and need to add a bit more salt to your food.
    Usually when someone passes out from the heat and low blood pressure, they give them a saline solution IV right away, so it might just be you are low on sodium.

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, I hope you are OK today. I think you should see your regular doctor as soon as you can. What ever caused all that could happen again. Take care of yourself, my friend.

Check in as soon as you feel up to it, please.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  7. Steve North

Registered

I am feeling much better today..
    Tuesday I have an appointment with my doctor and I will be mentioning this to him for sure..
    Yvonne....... You are most likely very right in saying it could be salt as i am on practically a NO salt way of eating.. There is salt in almost every food but I don't use salt in my cooking..
    Also it might of been a lack of water that day as it was one of those days that I didn't drink much water...
    Nevertheless,today I feel much better but not 100%.. Still quite weak but I m still trying to keep on doing things..
    I REFUSE to give up... I will keep on fighting all the way..

Again most likely NO games for tonight.. If I get up in the middle of the night, I might play a few...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Steve North

Registered

Well, looks like I was up for a while and I played a few games.. It is now 4:00am and I am feeling pretty good but tired, so I will be going back to sleep for the rest of the night...
    See you all tomorrow...
    Stay safe, and don't get yourself into too much trouble..

9. Louise Miller

Registered

Sorry to hear you had such a scare Steve,, you may need a pace maker , who knows..

I do think thou. that you should call your heart doc if you have one,,and let him know what happened,!!
    He may need to adjust your Blood Pressure pills. .. also may have to adjust other pills your taking too.,,

i recall frequently getting A-Fib,, then finally the doc had adjusted my meds and now i have no more A-fib,,!!
    it did take time thou, for him to adjust my pills.. so now i only have to see my heart doc once a year!! whoohoooo!!

10. Steve North

Registered

My dear Louise.... I am 81 years old next week and believe it or not, ..... I DON'T TAKE ANY PILLS...
    I am not on any medication other than vitamin E daily.....
    My heart is OK.. My blood sugar is OK.. My PSA is normal.. My blood pressure is a bit low but not always..My prostate is slow at times but nothing to be concerned about....................... AGAIN..... I take NO medication !!!
    I am a bit underweight due to the drastic weight loss I had after the 2 stomach operations.. I'm trying to gain some pounds, but that isn't easy.. Perhaps my present weight of 172 pounds is what my body feels comfortable with.. If so, that's OK....... Most of my clothes are too big on me..

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow that was made a while ago.. Naturally I will be mentioning he incident to him..

11. Steve North

Registered

Well, I played a few games tonight..
    it has been rather on the warm side the past few days but tonight the temperature is dropping down to the freezing mark.. Still too early to plant anything in the vegetable garden..

12. Louise Miller

Registered

Sorry to hear about your possible freezing weather Steve, but before you know it ,
    you will be complaining about the heat again, hang in there,,
    im sure its coming to a city near you someday soon!!

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, how did your doctor visit go?

14. Steve North

Registered

I saw my doctor today.. He said without testing me that he thinks it was a sudden drop in my blood sugar..
    When the blood sugar drops, so does the blood pressure.. It was a combination of those things that made me the way i was.. Besides that day I hadn't had any lunch.. Went from breakfast at 11:00am to 6:00pm with only water.. He wants me to eat something every few hours.. Not a meal, but a snack...
    Should it ever happen again, he wants me in for some heavy tests..
    Meanwhile I am so proud of myself................... I GAINED 3 POUNDS !!!!
    Gaining weight isn't that easy considering my stomach is smaller...

15. Louise Miller

Registered

Steve...Im sure in time you will gain weight, just sit for a few hours after you eat, that is one way to gain weight,,
    i learned the hard way.. ive gained weight mostly it began when the pandemic started by staying home more,
    there is only so much you can do when you stay home.. lol anyway, just eat small amounts more often maybe , you will be just fine,,