Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Just to make it very brief...
    Annmarie was a dietetic.. She was on pills, then on insulin, and then back on pills and finally her blood sugar became quite normal by doing low carb eating.. Well, somehow she felt quite out of it and she took her blood sugar and it was up to 31.. Normal would be between 5.7 to 7.0.. At 31 she was having a high blood sugar attack.. I took her to the emergency at the hospital to have her attended to.. They lowered her number to 24 which is still very high and told her to take a mild pill twice a day with food.. She started yesterday and her number is now down to 16.2 which is still high but at least it is dropping.. I put her on a severe low carb way of eating and so far, so good with her food.. Tomorrow we will see if the number wend down and by how much..
    Believe me when I am telling you that I was way over worried..

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Not good ..Steve …Annemarie is in a dangerous position having sugar levels that high ….Im sure you don’t need any lectures as the doctors would have already done that.

Take care Steve so you can assist your dear Annemarie through this until her BS settles.

In Australia they now have an self administered injection to lower BS readings it’s in short supply at the moment because NON diabetics have been asking their doctors for the pen, due to it being proved as a weight loss medication for NON diabetics

My neighbour is on the injection for his high sugar readings, he can’t get his down below 8-9 for morning readings.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  3. Steve North

Registered

I was definitely given the talk about not giving her any carbs..
    She is back to the low carb way of eating.. I eliminate the 5 important foods from her diet and she can eat anything after that.... The five foods are...
    1) Anything that has flour of any kind..
    2) Anything that has sugar ..
    3) Anything that has rice of any kind..
    4) Anything that has corn of any kind..
    5) Potatoes and anything that has potatoes..

Other than that, she can eat anything.. Lots of fish, chicken, meat, cheese, any vegetable, any fruit, and dairy..

4. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds good to me . Steve , what ever it takes to keep her healthy too,,

i think i have told you all this before ,but my father, older sister and brother were all diabetics,
    But the only one's living now ,,are my older sister and me,,

But my sis too ,has had problems along the way with her diabetes sometimes too,, she is 85.. we are 5 yrs apart,,

Hope that new low carb way of eating will help her get her on the right track,, keep us informed , Steve, we all care about each other here,!!

[​IMG]

5. Steve North

Registered

We were both on low carb for many years and it surely worked for the both of us..
    Unfortunately, I lost 45 pounds with my 2 stomach operations and I had to gain back some weight so I went off low carb and started eating high carb foods..
    Annmarie's diabetic pill was giving her some UTI problems and she was told by her urologist to stop taking the pill.. Naturally her blood sugar started to climb, but very slowly, till now it is a severe problem..
    Back to low carb for her and as far as I am concerned, its the same for me as it isn't fair to her if I eat differently..
    She is back on a mild pill and with the low carb way of eating along with some exercises, she will eventually be back to a normal reading for her blood sugar.....................

6. Louise Miller

Registered

our Humming birds have finally showed up again!! whoo hooo!!
    Hummers again! 004.JPG

Shirley Martin likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

OMG! look at that. I am so jealous!

Steve, just be sure you eat the right foods to help you gain back the weight you need to gain. It might be a balancing act to get both of you what you need.

8. Shirley Martin

Registered

We had a terrible storm today. (True)
    There is a river near here that has a mill that grinds corn into corn meal. The wind blew so hard that it blew the river water back over the dam at the mill and unground 100 pounds of meal.

9. Steve North

Registered

Shirley.... definitely I eat a balanced meal.. I have to gain a few pounds but I don't want to do it fast..

After they ground the 100 pounds of corn again, it will be double grounded.. A new type of corn meal..

10. Steve North

Registered

A quick update...........
    Annmarie's numbers are coming down but slowly.. She is feeling much better.. She is walking daily for almost an hour.. She is on low carb and definitely isn't deprived of food.. She is taking her pill twice a day as prescribed with no side effects.............................. So far, so good....
    Now that the weather is starting to get a bit better, she will start gardening which will be good for her....

With the present price of gas, I am limiting my use of the tractor... Gas is now up to $2.15 a liter and my equipment takes lots of gas to run.. My car isn't that bad but I don't use it every day as I have nowhere to go..

11. Louise Miller

Registered

Steve ,i m happy for your wife and you also.!!!.keep up the good work, Rome was not built in a day , so they say,,it took a lot of work!!

And our gas is much higher then yours. ours is 4.12 per gallon,, so sounds like yours is pretty cheap compared to our gasoline,,!!

and...... I;m sorry to hear you have no where to go!! icon_lol.gif
    But just like you... Actually , there is no place like home that i would rather be right now anyway,,!!

12. Steve North

Registered

Louise... Our gas is $2.15 a liter.. There are 3.85 liters in an American gallon.. That means our gas is almost $8.00 an American gallon...
    I have nowhere to go because we want it that way.. No more going for a drive just for fun..
    HOME SWEET HOME !!!!!

13. Louise Miller

Registered

Sorry , Steve, and i had mentioned it to my hubby and he also told me that Canada goes by liters. not dollars!!. LOL live and learn,,

also he his folks were from Canada too,

14. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I can relate to Steve regarding measurements , our petrol is $2.05 a ltr

It’s gong to cost quite a bit more in money for our Queensland trip coming up soon it’s about 2.200 km each way
    However hubs said yesterday our car is using 5.5 ltrs petrol per 100 km that’s even better than the Toyota Corolla I had before we bought our Nissan

15. Shirley Martin

Registered

I need to fill the tank in my car. I was waiting for the price to come down. Looks like I should have filled up a week or so ago.