1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Shirley... I'm feeling just fine, just that I didn't feel like playing any games...
    The puppy is still quite a handful.. Very active, but he is slowly starting to calm down.. Very affectionate.. I believe he likes his life with us.. Good food, lots of attention, lots of love, lots of play time both indoors and outside where he likes the snow, and a comfortable bed.. He is now 13 pounds..

We haven't had a good winter so far, but enough snow to grow my snow flowers.. Definitely a lack of cold weather.. All of the lakes have ice too thin to go on which is dangerous as snowmobiles seem to go on it anyway.. We have lost several people this winter who went through the ice with their machine.. The ice fishing tournaments have all been cancelled which is very bad for our village who relies on the $$$ it brings in..

Looks like I will be staying home for the next few days as they are forecasting freezing rain which I don't like.. My car is in the carport, out of the elements and safe.. We have lots and lots of food in the house, actually enough to last 25 or more days..

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  2. Steve North

Registered

G'Night all............ I'm off to bed early tonight.. I'm rather tired and I would like a good night's sleep.. The problem is the puppy will wake me up early...

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, that's why I don't let Miki in my bedroom. She wakes up and pees and poops before I get up. I mean, I like her and all that, but I need my sleep. :)

4. Steve North

Registered

Shirley................... I realize what you are saying, but in our case, if the sleeping cage wasn't in our room, he would howl all night long.. The fact he is with us keeps him calm till it is time to go out..We put him to sleep around midnight or earlier, and he sleeps till about 9:30 or so, which is quite good.. He is only 8 months old, still a puppy.....
    We can't allow him to have access to the house as he would destroy everything.. He is still teething..

It is now just after 3:30am and I am up for a very short while till I get sleepy again which is..... now..

5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’ve got a very busy day , out to lunch at friends for lunch roast lamb and trimmings ,with a chocolate sponge roll birthday cake with strawberries for desert , then we are invited over for a late afternoon tea to the neighbours not that I’m going to want to have any further food ….shes making a banana cake ….

Been rather busy catching up on things around the house before we head away for 4 weeks ,we are going on a trip down through Victoria where we will visit a old gold mining town called Walhalla https://www.visitmelbourne.com/regions/gippsland/destinations/walhalla, it was closed to the public fora few weeks due to a film being shot at the location staring Liam Neeson .,no idea what it’s called …just have to wait see

….oh just found title of film

Ice Road 2 film
    COPIED THIS ***

Victorian town Walhalla styled as Nepalese village for set of Ice Road 2 film with Liam Neeson. Spectators have descended on the historic Victorian gold mining town of Walhalla in the hope of spotting Hollywood superstar Liam Neeson, as production starts on big-budget action Film …

Ng BACK to our trip …..from Walhalla we will travel into NSW and stay with DH sister and BIL for 2 days , then go onto Canberra where we will be till March 15th….we are leaving about the 14 th Feb

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  6. Steve North

Registered

Kate............ I will find out if our son was the cinematographer on that movie.. He worked for Peter Jackson on most of his movies filmed in New Zealand.. He now lives in Melbourne and works in Australia as his job in movies.. He also directed some smaller movies as well as commercials..

Have a good safe trip... Take care..

7. Steve North

Registered

Its now 3:00pm and there isn't anyone here except me ............
    Oh well,... See you all later on.....

8. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate , i never met anyone like you that eats a lot of Lamb . the smell alone is what turns me off, LOL.. But glad to know there are people who eat it alot,,!!
    Liver is another kind of meat i just cannot get my taste buds to like'
    I hope im not the only one who has a meat they do not like,,

9. Shirley Martin

Registered

The only time I ever ate lamb was when a friend cooked lamb chops with gravy and mashed potatoes. it was good. Have y'all ever eaten goat? My son has and he said if it was a young goat, it was OK.

10. Kate Ellery

Registered

Well I enjoyed my roast lamb lunch for my birthday …we are off over the neighbours this afternoon for a second birthday cake ( the day after my BD ) this time it’s banana cake …

11. Shirley Martin

Registered

Oh, Darn!!! Kate, I missed your birthday! I didn't turn my calendar over until I saw your post.

[​IMG]

Kate Ellery likes this.
  12. Kate Ellery

Registered

13. Shirley Martin

Registered

Another year wiser?
    :p

14. Kate Ellery

Registered

Most definitely I was saying to Shirley yesterday …nah not “our” Shirley …..

Shirley where we had lunch ….i only cook veg every second day ….cook enough for 2 days and warm up …. i cook meat that lasts 2 days ..like leg of lamb ..corned beef or chicken
    Yep definitely ..getting smarter ..me thinks

Shirley Martin likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Registered

Bye, Kate, smart girl .:)