Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate, get well soon. Steve, hang on, spring will come.

Sometimes when we are depressed and steeped in our winter woes,
    It seems that spring will never come when winter goes.
    But spring will come,
    Spring will come.

Louise, spring has come at my house. My blueberry bushes are blooming. My son's peach, apple and pear trees that he set out last fall are budding and blooming. My phoebe has built her nest under the carport and is ready lay eggs. And one sure sign of spring ..... the pollen is thick everywhere. I hate spring....... just kidding. :)

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I know that spring is coming, but so is Christmas...
    We just had a bruiser of a snow storm and this time the snow is lasting, not melting..
    As I write this, it is -18c out... That is the temperature with a brisk wind giving a windchill of -24c..

3. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve said "Yes I know that spring is coming, but so is Christmas..." Laughingcheekshurt.gif

4. Shirley Martin

Registered

I think spring comes to Steve's house along about June. So, he's got a while to wait yet. Louise, we are lucky that spring comes to us March/April. Don't you just love it? Do y'all still have your peach trees? If we don't get a late frost, we should have 8 or 9 peaches on ours. Peach pie, anyone? :)

5. Steve North

Registered

No games tonight... Getting to sleep early..
    We have a very early get-up tomorrow as my wife (Annmarie) has a procedure at the hospital in Sudbury at 10:00am..
    Sudbury hospital is a 90 minute drive from my house which means we are up very early to have a decent breakfast and then go...
    Oh yes,...... don't forget we bring the dog with us on the long trips..

6. Louise Miller

Registered

"Do y'all still have your peach trees? If we don't get a late frost, we should have some peaches on ours. Peach pie, anyone? "

No not yet , but have been having temps in 50s and 60s even 70 a few times too, but we do worry about our Fig trees ..we now have 4 of them, and so far every year they put out lots of figs, a lady at our bank makes fig jelly so told her to come over and pick some but only if we get some fig Jam, and she always does.

Hubby had his colonoscopy today, luckily im older then him and i do not have to have that anymore,! OY!.... I hated it!!:mad:

7. Steve North

Registered

You guys are something else talking about peach trees while we up here are still digging ourselves out of a major snow storm.. Daytime temperatures around -10c and at night around -19c mark with a windchill of around -25c mark...

8. Louise Miller

Registered

Steve ,,You must of missed me talking about my hubby having a Colonoscopy,He came back with good results..Thank the Lord for that!! !!! luckily im at the 80's stage so i do not have to for-go that kind of torcher anymore,!! ,i hated those colonoscopies,!!,had to run to the bathroom about 6 times or more the night before with some stuff they gave me to take,,I!!!, I hated that part of it !!!
    Steve, you need to move South !!. so you can quit complaing every year about the snowstorms . i was born and raised in Northern Illinois and also lived in Maine, So i know what your winters are like too ,, Snow was fun when we were kids but not fun when you get old..!!! As you well know and i well know too,,,,!!

9. Shirley Martin

Registered

I would tell Steve to sell out and move to NC but the houses they are building near me are selling for $300,000. And they are selling as fast as they can build them. Who on Earth can afford a $300,000 house????

I spent my time here today posting about our trip to Mattamuskeet in the Geography forum. So now I can't play games. See y'all tomorrow.

10. Louise Miller

Registered

Where is that, place,? never heard of it ..but will spend my last minutes here reading about your

trip..tanks, F7C87273-DC80-4F99-9BC4-82FFF90499DD.gif

11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Our neighbour’s son has just bought a small
    house size block of land next to his parents paid $170.000 plus’s costs …. for a bit of dirt …to build a house on …
    Th house is costing him extra $450.000 ++

12. Steve North

Registered

Please be aware that I am definitely NOT complaining about the weather living up north.. I am just stating.. We love it up here where it is very quiet, peaceful, and clean.. The fact we have severe winters in only a miner inconvenience.. There is absolutely NO way we would ever move to a large city..
    We will at some time have to put our house on the market to sell as the time will come when we can't live here any more because of our ability to continue on here and manage everything.. At that point, we will stay up north and look for a senior apartment building, not a home.. We are not looking forward to leaving our freedom with acreage, to living in a cube in the sky..

Shirley Martin likes this.
  13. Shirley Martin

Registered

Steve, I can understand that. I hope y'all are able to keep your home for as long as you live. I hope I can keep mine for as long as I live, too.

14. Steve North

Registered

Shirley... Why not.. It is a great way of life for now...
    Bad enough I had to sell my boat, my truck, and my camper.. They were too much for me..

15. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

There is always the option of aged care home assist to stay in your own home Steve .
    One of our good friends has home assist but I don’t know if I could bare watching them or even having to have them come in to clean for me /us.

My friend was telling me just yesterday her “cleaner” is not permitted to hang any thing smaller than a towel on the line or pick it off the line ….she can Vacumn / wash the floor but is NOT permitted … to even move a Small mat to wash / sweep under it …

Cleaner is like wise unable to move ANYTHING ….not even a salt shaker to wash under it ….. nah I couldn’t handle that …..

I’d say go away I’ll do it myself if ….and when I can
    And it’s not free … we are paying for the services
    …. I had one cleaner once …. After I broke my leg ….Nah …. Thanks but …. No …