Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Toady and for most of the rest of the week, it is going to be really hot here..
    Today it was 33c temperature and about 42c humidex.. C'mon, that's too hot for us up here..
    It is supposed to be like that all week with the temperatures slowly getting higher..
    Good thing we have air-conditioning in our living room.. Can't breath outside..

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m offline for a couple of days , DH has a appointment in the city tomorrow for new hearing aids and we have a function to attend on Saturday , busy week coming up next week as well we have friends coming for lunch one day and other we have shopping ..and another we have a very important AGM which includes a catered for free lunch ……it’s really to entice members to come ……to the AGM

However it’s very important because it’s our club where we dance in Adelaide , sadly the couple who has run all the activities for 20+ years have just resigned due to age and health issues so sadly unless they can get someone to take over the club will close ( the building is owned by the areas local council ) but all the funds from activities stay with in the clubs account
    so it’s very well run because the club has a good balance, so we trust that not wasted by who ever puts their hand up to take over as president of the club ….if anyone …:eek:

I’ll prob be here next Monday ….Aussie time / day ….and be away again till at least ….Friday …about Aug 9 th

3. Steve North

Registered

Looks like you are one busy girl...
    Take good care of hubby....
    See you when you return and can come back on here...
    Till then, take care..

4. Steve North

Registered

Welcome back Kate if only for a while...

5. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’ll be here Steve ..just maybe missing a day or so here and there ….nothing like the Queensland trip.

we've been discussing Queensland and decided if and when we travel that far ……in the future we will jump on a plane ✈️ in preference to driving.

Better get organised to go over our neighbours soon for a nice hot scone / coffee / chat .

I’ve just had a nice lamb and mustard pickle sandwich (one slice of bread ) for lunch altho we don’t eat lunch very often , now I won’t want any thing for an evening meal other then a small serve of plain yoghurt and home preserved apricots .

6. Steve North

Registered

Enjoy your time out with friends..

7. Steve North

Registered

What a change of temperatures...
    it is so cool at night that I now have the furnace on for heat in the house at night..
    Last night it was 9c and tonight they are saying the overnight temp will be 7c..
    Boy, did the heat ever go fast.. Last week we had the air-conditioning on and now the heat..

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

Howdy @Steve North
    I’ll pop in when I can …..ya know I’m always busy doing something,
    We’ve had visitors / had a dentist appointment’s Usual doctors check up ….both of us …spring is in the air so time to see to the garden ..plant my veggies, fruit trees are starting to spring to life ..lots of bees busy doing their jobs ..the birds are singing .

It put a big smile on my face to see a family of Willy wagtails sitting in my fence enjoying the sunshine yesterday ….weve got far to many black birds hanging around but fear not ..the Willy wagtails will send them packing quick smart IMG_3211.gif

Regarding the games ……can you maybe cut the urge to use words ending in X ‘s or Y’s in games cause I simply won’t touch them :):)

Thanks

9. Steve North

Registered

You got it for the letters...
    I'm glad you are sort of busy planting...
    keep busy... Its good for us to keep busy..

Actually I am not playing many games as I don't like playing games that I was the last few posters.. Not very interesting that way..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
    Kate Ellery likes this.
  10. Steve North

Registered

Glad to see you are finding time to unwind with a few games.. It surely makes a change..

The fact that you and I are the only ones here for now, means we can almost do what we want as far as those letters goes.. I agree that some games are kind of crazy using the last few letters of the alphabet..
    Take care..........

Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Steve North

Registered

Glad to see that we are starting to get some new members..
    A very BIG welcome to Fleur for joining the games...

12. Steve North

Registered

Starting to get a bit cool at nights up here.. Down to 3c last night which is close to frost..
    Daytime temps are around the 22c mark which is wonderful..
    No doubt that winter is coming fast..
    Many of the maple trees and bushes are starting to turn in colour..
    I have already had the heat on in the house..

13. Kate Ellery

Registered

We are getting a little warmer , I turfed the xtra blanket off the bed last night it was to warm with the quilt and what we call the big fluffy blanket ..wich is one of those blankets called mink ..not really mink ..they are not really that fluffy ….just soft like mink
    All the fruit trees are in full bloom and as usual we had a extremely windy blustery day yesterday to blow allot of the flowers off the trees

14. Steve North

Registered

We went shopping yesterday and (don't ask) somehow we ended up buying 2 new rocker recliner chairs for our living room.. The ones we have now are about 15 years old and they have had it.. I decided to buy very comfortable and well made ones rather than cheaper ones..
    Wow,... Have they ever gone up in price since the last time we bought them..

15. Kate Ellery

Registered

You get what you pay for Steve ,so if you’d bought cheap and nasty they wouldn’t last a year ….so it pays to buy the best you can value for money ….we've got a good quality corner lounge in family room with 2 recliners …and in seperate lounge 2 single recliners