Go Canadian Truckers!

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Denise Evans, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh please, I guess it's just you don't know me, but I don't condone any illegal, or unconstitutional gatherings, or actions John, give me a break, and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Right, you're on the side of the truckers, just not those that are getting out of hand, and again, there's always bad apples.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

^^This^^ is the statement I was addressing.

Are we to be ruled by the demands of ANTIFA, or OCCUPY, or BLM just because they generate swarms of protesters??? You cannot be for Mob Rule when you are part of the mob, and against Mob Rule when it's the likes of those I mentioned.

That's the point I was trying to make, solely in response to the aforementioned statement. Perhaps I did it poorly.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

I know what you were addressing, and I disagree. Isn't the whole idea of a protest to get the government to listen up?? Good people want to be heard, that's why they protest, bad people want to cause trouble, they don't protest, they "cause trouble". You can't ignore the good people because of the fewer bad ones. Swayed means don't base your decision on a protest, right?? Well I say anyone in government best be swayed in their decision making, by good, orderly protestors, and all those who stand with them, even if not in person.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

It's ok @John Brunner we(most of us) know that you're impeccably precise in your retorts. o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::D:p:cool::confused::mad::(;):)

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

Don Alaska and Al Amoling like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I think the point is that governments gladly let BLM, Antifa, and other leftist protest groups have their way, even giving Covid relief funds to BLM, but law and order suddenly become the most important things on the agenda when anyone else dares protest.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  7. John Brunner

I didn't want to beat it to death, but I was saying that anyone can put together a seemingly reasonable protest, and that we cannot be governed that way (I goofed up...the radical left groups I cited are poor examples of peaceful deceit.) The Canadian protest is a great example of rallying when government ignores the people, there's no doubt about it.

But the Left is great a putting together protests...it's what they do. The adults in the room have jobs to go to and normal lives to live. So there can be "A Million Moms Against Guns" protests and "Future Generations To Make The Planet Livable" protests, and they can all be peaceful and reasonable and middle class and even in earnest...and a fair government might even take some of their points and put them to the American people...but protesters cannot drive our government. The representative legislative process cannot be held hostage to mobs, even if those mobs are peaceful and reasonable. Or worse, one side of the government cannot collude with such groups (and with the media) to put together protests so as to give cover to enact unacceptable legislation. I marched on DC with a bunch of fellow citizens from all over the country in 2009...Pelosi called us "Astro Turf." Next week the Unions bused in the paid mob...Pelosi called them "Grass Roots." The media backed her up both times. You see how we cannot be ruled by this stuff?

I am on the side of the truckers because in this instance the truckers are on the side of the people and on the side of "doing the right thing." But it's the people and "the right thing" who should be listened to, not this mob or any mob, regardless of who we happen to agree with in the moment.

If politicians did the right thing most of the time, we would not even be having this conversation.

Al Amoling likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Leftist governments use leftist protest groups to advance agendas and to give legitimacy to the leftist agendas they wouldn't otherwise be able to move along. Governments have been doing that for a long time. They're like Mexican labor unions that serve the government rather than the workers.

One of the reasons that the US government has been able to take control of so much of the land in the United States is through a scheme where a leftist group sues the federal government to expand its control over land surrounding a national park, national monument, or other federal lands that they shouldn't have had to begin with. Then, there are only two sides with standing in the deal - the leftist group that wants the federal government to take the land, making it off-limits to regular people, and the leftist government that wants to have control of the land. It should be no surprise that the two sides can come to an agreement. Those of us with no standing are the losers.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    Faye Fox, John Brunner and Al Amoling like this.
  9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

10. John Brunner

Ted Cruz is calling on the FTC to investigate GoFundMe for not distributing these funds.
    Link

DeSantis has joined Cruz in this fight.
    Elon Musk called GoFundMe "professional thieves."

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Faye Fox and John Brunner like this.
  12. John Brunner

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Tow truck drivers in Canada are refusing to tow trucks and vehicles for the government. -- CBC

14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Read and then reread what Ken has written above! This is the root of the entire situation. Patriots have to protest by the law whether the law is just or not. No protest will ever be successful unless the corrupt leaders are removed. The only way to remove such leaders is by force. The people have tried to speak peacefully but their voices were and are silenced by voter fraud and media banning.

A lawful by-the-book protest is worthless in this day and time. You see the leaders and controllers have thwarted all just laws with their mandates and deep corruption including selling out their own countries for money and power. Any protest that infringes on others' rights can be labeled illegal. Any by-the-book "legal" protest is just a parade and a show.

No country has ever won freedom or kept its freedom without bloodshed. While I abhor the idea of bloodshed and violence, I abhor the loss of freedom more.

15. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

A Canadian judge has ordered the blockade to end. Give them three hours then start pulling them off the
    bridge. The Michigan governor has offered to help.. Clear’em out. Pronto. They are part of that cult.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022