Google Earth - Places I Have Lived

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This hasn't stirred any particular emotions in me; I do feel a bit let down after seeing the condition of some places, though. I guess I want them to remain as I remember them.

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

My first husband and I married when we were 18 years old. Hard to believe that now, but I guess 18 was a lot older then. :D We both had jobs and everything! We thought we were actual grownups. Here's our first apartment; the top floor end apartment in this photo. This is in Port Arthur, TX.

jefferson.png

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

S. Lincoln Street, Kent, Ohio, Street View 2013. (House is gone now)

[​IMG]

I lived on the second floor with 4 other girls for one year in 1969. One girl in the front bedroom was growing pots of marijuana. My roommate was never there because she stayed with her boyfriend 24/7. Naomi had a bedroom by herself.

Moved to a very boring modern apartment complex the following year with Naomi, and 2 other girls who were almost never there. . (So much rent money wasted. lol)

May, 1970. Just missed all this excitement. :( Only 196 feet from the front porch of the house, according to Street View. ;)

upload_2022-4-20_14-15-16.png

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I like this thread. Let's see some more google street views!!

John Brunner and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

wallace1.jpg

This is downtown Wallace, about a mile and a half from the house I grew up in. Just right of center, in the lower part of the screen, is the school I attended through the 8th grade. It's some kind of a manufacturing plant now, though.

wallace2.jpg

I grew up a mile and a half southeast of Wallace, although the house I grew up in burned while I was in college. The house that is there now is the one my dad built after the house burned, but I never lived there, as I had left home already. It's the one with the semi-circular driveway. Street View hasn't reached that part of the country. None of the houses on the right side of the screen were there when I lived there. Our house and the one across the road were the last ones on that road.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I have lived in so many places in my lifetime, I'd need an entire globe to point them all our. :D

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This picture shows part of the 160 acres where my mom and dad lived when I was born, and before that, went through most of the Great Depression and WW2.
    The orange circle is where the old ranch house was at, where they used to live.
    It has been torn down for many years now, but was a magnificent old house in its earlier years, way before I was born. We were told that it was originally a stage coach stop on the way through Idaho into Canada.

The yellow circle is where i put my little trailer house when I moved back up to Bonners 20+ years ago. You can see the long driveway I had to get in and out of in the winter snow.
    When I first moved there, I had no power or water the first couple of years.
    The big line through the property is where the power line goes through the property from the substation.

My dad had worked for the power company for many years, and because of that , they gave me a break on the cost of putting in the electrical line to the house; and a year or so later, I was able to get water when they put in a community water company.
    There are stories about my life as a “pioneer” somewhere here in this section of the forum.

After I married Bobby and moved away, my son put a house on the property and used the little trailer for his “radio shack”. However, he is now living here in Alabama also because of necessary job changes, and my grandson lives in the house in Idaho.

IMG_6196.jpeg . IMG_3852.jpeg