Great News, Tax Rebate For Colorado Tax Payers

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Have found out that Colorado's Front Range is just too expensive for us, unless we want to live in an area where crime is much higher than we want. Jusst trying to find somewhere where the word "rodeo" is known and knowledgeable. And, not Texas, California or any northwestern states. And, remember, we can only live somewhere where apartment living is available.

Currently considering/researching southeastern Wyoming aka Cheyenne. But, if not there, will have to continue to look.

IOW, all along Colorado's Front Range has really turned towards looking like Los Angeles! No thanks!!

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, it sounds like some fun road trips during the next year.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, basically only one. That will be the 2-day stay in Cheyenne. Was going to check out Colorado Springs, but have decided against that. The rodeo we are going to there, is now a $1million payout one, but after that rodeo is over, Colorado Springs turns back into just another big city. During the summer months, it's also a major tourist city, with Garden of the Gods there and other tourist places.

Actually, Faye, there are those that live in Colorado Springs that have no idea why the Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame is even there. "Colorado Springs is not a cowboy/rodeo city, even if there is a major rodeo here", I was told. There are plenty of big cities that have a rodeo, like Houston, Austin, San Angelo and even Denver, but after those big rodeos are done, each go back to being a non-cowboy big-city again. Funny, our straw or felt hats stay on a hat rack in our living room, but many-to-most rodeo fans, tuck theirs away in a closet until the next years rodeo. We continue to wear ours, whenever or wherever we want. My wife got a great compliment about wearing her felt hat from a Senior lady at a restaurant a couple of months ago. A very, very nice compliment.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Nevermind. I see the topic has rolled back around to rodeos and cowboy costumes as usual.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just WHY do you consider western clothing "costumes"??? We had a subscription to a magazine called Farm & Ranch Magazine and plenty of pictures taken at ranches around America showing ranch folks wearing western clothing while working. Plenty. And, not just adults, but their kids and grandkids also.

As far as rodeo goes, all rodeo folks, from contestants to stock contractors, and others, wear western clothes. And, I don't mean just at a rodeo.

Sort of sounds like you like to make fun of folks who wear western clothes. Then again, you're not at all "western", so I can understand that.

Also, Miss Rodeo America aka The First Lady of Rodeo, is darn near always in western clothing and shows that on her Facebook page.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Let's be accurate here. We're only talking about select PRCA select events where one can schmooze with with Hall of Fame inductees. We are not talking about NBR, rough stock, Indian horse races and hide races, mounted shooting, trick riding, drill teams, parades before rodeos, Rodeo Indian pow wows, socializing with unfamous ranch rodeo or just plain ranch folks, or attending ranch or cowboy events.

See what they learned me?

I've face-palmed so many times my beautiful Roman profile has been turned into a pug nose.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I really don't know how this thread got into rodeo and western clothing, but "oh well, crap happens". I think part of it happened when we stated that we will be leaving Colorado, that it just isn't the way it use to be.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

John, have you ever been to any kind of Hall of Fame Induction?? We like meeting and talking with former rodeo World Champions that have had the honor of being chosen to go into the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame. It is a real honor and privilege!

At least half of what you mentioned here, wife and I have seen: rough stock riding, ranch cowboy hide races, mounted shooting, trick riding, drill teams and parades. One of the largest western parades is at Cheyenne Frontier Days. It's fantastic. And, we've been to both a ranch rodeo and to an Old West cowboy event that was called End of Trail in Norco, CA.

Now, what I want to know is...........WHY OH WHY do wife and I have to keep defending what we like to do and wear???? For those that don't like rodeo and/or western wear, that's fine, but don't criticize those that like it.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

So, I guess enough talking about western clothing being "costumes" and how much we like rodeo and western clothing. Good!

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

For ranchers, some western clothing is a work uniform, for rodeo performers, it is a costume. I guess it is time to change my avatar since I am a has-been. My uniform has become a costume. Trick or treat? LOL!

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Promises promises! Do say hello to one of my distant Texas cousins being inducted this year. His grandfather CC was my mama's 3rd maybe 4th cousin.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just when I think my mind can not be boggled any more.

Yet here I am...

Faye Fox likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Faye, can't help you don't like PRCA rodeos! One thing for sure, wife and I aren't "has-beens". Now, I did ask you Faye, with no reply from you, when was the last time you went to a PRCA rodeo???? So, why am I stuck on PRCA, because I use to be a part of the association, that's why.

Boy, some of you sure know how to rub my wife and I the wrong way! And, I'm still a part of this forum? But, for how much longer? Only can take so much. I know, nobody on here cares anyway. Actually, wife and I have got fed up with these posts concerning us and rodeo. So........

15. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

You DON'T need to keep "defending" your preferences......but for some reason you want to keep it up ad nauseum. Everyone here has heard it over and over and over again; we know, believe me, we know.

On the other hand, there just might be someone on a remote station in the Antarctic with a broken router who may have missed the news, so I guess you're justified in your efforts. Blather on.....