Happy Juneteenth!

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Lon Tanner, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Sunny Bonet

Sunny Bonet Well-Known Member
    Registered

I knew that your would disagree, from your original post. :) However, I believe that there is years and years of evidence to support the fact that people of a darker color have struggled no more then people of the color white and much less then many. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why anybody would believe that people of a darker color have suffered more then anybody. And there are many of a darker color that agree...Candace Owens, Leo Terrell, Ben Carson and many more. Unfortunately president obama and his wife are two that are not in that list, even though he was voted into the highest office in our country, twice! :rolleyes:

Jim Brown and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Are you trying to tell me that Blacks did not have to struggle prior to Civil Rights Legislation?

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

A lot of people have struggled, Lon. Women, for that matter, were treated pretty much like property for generations. They weren't allowed to own property in many places, to sign contracts, or to vote. The Chinese had it pretty rough when they came here, as did the Irish. For that matter, even today, pretty much anyone who grows up in a poor family can be expected to struggle if there is to be any hope of improvement.

My dad worked a full-time job at a boat company, farmed several 40s, logged, shoed horses, and had to do pretty much all of his own work on the house, car, and tractor, yet he died without any money.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  5. Lon Tanner

Registered

I give up with trying to make a point that Racism has made living and succeeding more difficult for Blacks than White people

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

It's easy Cherry Pick

Nancy Hart likes this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

How can you say that, Lon? We've had Affirmative Action Programs since 1961. That's 50 years. That's legalized, government-mandated, institutional discrimination against whites. For 50 years.

Poor white people get no preferences, while well-to-do blacks do. "Need" does not matter. Not being white is the sole determinate. That's not cherry-picking. That's Federal Law. Against whites. For 2 generations. There is no means test so poor whites can benefit, just a color test. I've stated before that a black person with a net worth of $500,000 EXCLUDING their personal residence qualifies for Federal contracting preferences because that person is "disadvantaged." What good does that really do anyone?

Let me re-post the Smithsonian's "Thou Shalt Not Act White" poster:

[​IMG]

Once again, a Federally funded institution putting forth this Klan-worthy crap...just last year. In 2020.

Ben Carson got shot down for telling his story of spending weekends in his local library to make a success of himself. Ben did most of the things on that poster and he succeeded because of it. "Black leaders" (and the Smithsonian Institute) shall have none of that talk! Who are the repressors in your mind?

As long as there is funding directed towards the failure of a given group, that group shall continue to fail. It's no different than giving funds to a 3rd world despot as long as his people are repressed...once the repression stops, so does the cash. "The buck stops there," and never gets to its intended recipient.

As a group, blacks continue to get used...of that there is no doubt. But it is not white racism keeping them down. This "holiday" is nothing more than an annual reminder of "you're a victim/don't bother trying." You wanna see if there is racism holding blacks down in America? Ask a true African-American (you know, someone actually born in Africa) how his or her black life is here. Then we can talk.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Another take on the uh….holiday by Officer Tatum…

Jim Brown and Sunny Bonet like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ya know Lon, you’ve changed a lot.
    On another forum you wrote very plainly that you had no pity for ANYONE who wasn’t as successful as you.

I’d ask you the same thing as I’d ask any other successful person who was soap boxing the black “cause”.
    Did you set up a scholarship or help sponsor a disadvantaged black kid for a college education?
    Did you ever help a black man or woman set up a business and help them succeed?
    Have you taken time to find a black kid to be a big brother for or to be a mentor for?
    How about something small like, have you ever volunteered at a homeless mission and maybe helped a couple of black guys or single mothers find a career? To this one….I have.

Ya see, I’ve met a lot of soap boxers but only a few who have gone out of their way to actually help make a difference. If someone feels strongly about something then do something.

If you’ve done something then more power to you and I’ll gladly shake your hand but if it’s all just rhetoric, it hasn’t done one bit of good.

Now, just to be sure, put a “white” everywhere I wrote “black” and see if they fit. If they still do not well…..nuff said.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  11. Sunny Bonet

Sunny Bonet Well-Known Member
    Registered

No Lon, i'm not saying that at all. I am simply saying that they are not the only group of people that have suffered for years. I respect your right to your opinion, I just don't understand it. It's one of those things that I hope we can just agree to disagree on. :) Have a pleasant rest of your day/eve.

12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Asians are beginning to sue universities for imposing quota restrictions on them. They have done everything right, they have worked hard, they have met all the requirements, yet the universities are accepting lesser-qualified students because "We have enough people who look like you."

Where is the uproar over this unAmerican behaviour????

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

To think about it for a minute, the hypocrisy of it all is mind boggling.

We tear down statues and monuments and destroy books and flags to forget slavery but yet create a holiday to remember it. Got it.

14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

We are all people of color. The color is brown, some very light, some very dark. How about a day to celebrate human existence and all the good people that have made the earth a better place. How about stopping manufacturing hate that doesn't exist. How about stop talking about love and start living it. Stop with the black and white nonsense. Stop identifying and dividing humans by the lightness or darkness of their brown skin tone. Stop being a hamster and spinning your cage. Stop the insanity and identity politics. Just stop it!

15. Lon Tanner

Registered

C'mon now. You totally miss quote what I say in other forums. I am politically Conservative and have come to realize that we have a few Racists on SO.