Has Anyone Else Noticed Rapid Inflation Setting In?

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Don Alaska, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When gas prices go up, pretty much everything else goes up, too.

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

No --they are not locked in and I had a modest increase last year.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They have to. Everything is shipped including gas and oil so yeah, everything goes up.
    I imagine it’s the same with all businesses but when I was still working in commercial kitchens all the invoices had fuel surcharges on them every time gas went up.

On top of that surcharge, there isn’t a full menu commercial kitchen that uses electric stoves so when gas and oil prices go up, the overhead in the restaurant goes up and so do the menu prices.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The "miles driven" tax is to account for electric vehicles, which do not pay gas tax. Not only is the price of oil and gas rising, but the dollar value is falling off the cliff in inflation due to all the stimulus payments. Stock market has absorbed much of the inflation so far, but as things open up, inflation will accelerate, so the $3 or $4 dollar gallon of gas will be even more expensive in real value. Every thing I read says late June and early July is when everything will be at the end of the "pipeline". We'll have to see if that is true, but it appears that way now. It looks like a war will breakout in the Middle East, which will make everything even worse. China will take Taiwan while we are tied down in the Middle East and all our carriers will go to the bottom if they challenge China, and our children and grandchildren will go with them. I am sounding like a real doom and gloomer. Sorry....

Oh, the gas tax will have to rise because the price of materials and labor to maintain the roads will rise. After all, asphalt is oil-based, as is everything plastic. "Carbon-neutral" vehicles, which used to be made from recyclable steel, are now made of plastic and carbon fiber, which, as far as I know, are not generally reusable in any form and simply go to the landfill, where the wind turbine blades also end up.

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Well, the reports on the local talk show wasn’t good this morning so I took our rigs and filled them up. $32 on the GMC and $40 on the Ranger and $5 for the gas can so I can mow the back lawn.
    Seems that a lot of fuel deliveries to the stations have been canceled so that’s going to drive up the prices and produce some lines. I figured that I’d at least try to get ahead of the game and fill up now before the panic starts.

Dunno but a shortage in fuel also means there will be a shortage in commodity deliveries to businesses so I foresee another run on toilet paper, water and such albeit diesel rigs seem to hold up better in a shortage than gas driven vehicles.

Well, all I can say is that Joe is doing a swell job beating out Jimmy Carter’s administration. All he needs is some hostage situation and throw a few more billion dollars to an undeserving nation and bingo, he’s a shoe in.
    I mean, off the top of my head he’s already needlessly canceled and written more executive orders in his short term of office than any sitting president in history so what can he do next to make things worse?

It may seem rather hypocritical but whilst I do pray that Joe and his puppet masters will submit to wisdom there is little hope in my mind that they will.

Don Alaska and Jim Brown like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

upload_2021-5-11_9-31-31.png

Yeah, it’s SATIRE but for some reason, at this point I wouldn’t put it past them.

7. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

YES, he really is that stupid, and Pelosi would be probably advising him.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Biden may accomplish the destruction in a few months that took Carter 4 years to manage. He won't boycott any Olympics unless told to do so by his masters, but he may send more money to Iran and hold most of the Middle East hostage, which would outdo Carter's one embassy. Carter still had the USSR to deal with, but China was not a threat yet, and Jimmy still had his wits about him. Did you read that the Press has been advised that Biden would be answering no unscripted questions? There was not a peep out of the media over that statement, but had Trump even failed to answer one question, it would have brought down the wrath of both MSM and the tech media.

9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

From the Daily Wire....
    097DADBC-22AC-4B3B-A29C-95170CB87AA6.jpeg

Jim Brown likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I was just reading that the tech media are confirming that there is no shortage and the White House has said the same, so all is well....

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

um....
    All the people DINING on the Titanic thought "all is well" also.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

iI believe that we have no shortage and no real credible source as of yet has said we have a shortage on the production side. It’s just that there’s gonna be some delays for however how long to get the fuel to the stations on the delivery side which creates a shortage to the consumer and there will probably be some price gouging in the process.

I’m not worried though, I know how to rub two sticks together......

Note: I do wonder why no one has tried the manual over-ride on the Columbia pipeline. Jus’ sayin’

Don Alaska and Jim Brown like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Shhhhhhhh!! They have to create the "shortage" first and get the price jacked up.

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I watched an interview with a couple economists who said the entire U.S. infrastructure control mechanism is mostly written in COBOL from the 1970s and 1980s, and that only a few old codgers still can work in that language. The only thing saving us is that hackers under the age of 40 don't even know what that language is. The group who wrote the malware/ransomware that was used to shut the pipeline down supposedly issued an apology for selling it to the wrong group. They apparently thought it was going to be used against a government entity, and were shocked when their malware was used against a pipeline.

Regardless whether the shortage is at production or at the pump, folks are still angry at the gas lines.

Bobby Cole and Jim Brown like this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Gas has gone up here twice in two days.

Don Alaska, Bobby Cole and Jim Brown like this.