Has The Virus Changed Your Lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Hal Pollner, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

That's good to hear that they were some people who didn't let it affect their lives, except as you said the restrictions that were imposed on you.
    We decided to take our own precautions a few reasons one being we were in the risk group, I with restrictive breathing, my wife with health issues also. At around the same time of us making these decisions we lost a family friend who was on a ventilator, and put into a induced coma just so he can handle the process. And we had another friend in the hospital on a ventilator but he made it. The horror stories we heard about being on the ventilator made our Mind up to take extra precautions.
    Since I was the one that did most of the outside activities I could have caught the virus and maybe didn't even know it because they were times I was under the weather.
    I was tested twice for the virus and both were negative. So that's another change 2 my life. There Is always that question when you're under the weather should I get tested or is it just a cold. In the beginning it was an inconvenience to get tested, very few test sites around. Now I was at the drugstore today and CVS is offering to give you an antibody test for $38. And it's all done in the store how's that for improving.
    Covid has limited our outdoor activities except on our own property.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I have to look for my comment to remember what I was commenting too.

3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The 'pandemic' story / virus/ is still affecting my life daily - even though a lot of people are now aware they have nothing to fear (except what the government or doctors do, if they let them or not), So some things are not inadvisably spoken out in public hearing where the "spies" may be eager and alert for any tidbits or gossip, to gain 'approval points' in themselves or from others ---

there are "spies" everywhere, now unpaid servants of the system, willing to turn people in to the authorities in a heart beat,
    and they get a lot of public and church approval doing that, although they set themselves up to receive a more severe judgment by "aiding and abetting" the criminals.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

To sum up all that is thought to be known about this subgroup on the forum 'viruses':

The drug pushers, makers, manufacturers, promoters, encouragers, users, bystanders in agreement with them,
    have deceived the whole world (or) been deceived completely themselves thus contributing to the deception willfully and willingly.

There are few not delirious in fiction.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One way in which Dr. Fauci's Virus has negatively impacted my lifestyle is that I previously enjoyed restaurants. I was single until I was forty-eight years old, so restaurants have always been an important part of my life. When I was in college, rather than studying at the campus library or in my room, I would usually go to a restaurant, tip well, and spend hours there. Even when I was raising a son, it was cheaper, in most cases, and certainly more convenient to go out to a restaurant than to cook at home, although in my pursuit of normalcy for my son, we had dinners at home, as well.

As a paramedic, we practically lived in restaurants. On slow days, there were times when we went to a restaurant for breakfast, and were still there for lunch, having never left.

Since I was married, this has changed somewhat, as my wife prefers chain restaurants or ones with which she is familiar because she isn't comfortable with the surprises that often come up in mom-and-pop restaurants. Except when we were traveling or taking a trip to Bangor, we didn't normally go out to restaurants, although there is one near us that we used to go out to for breakfast quite a lot until it changed hands.

But whenever my wife was away from home or working away from home, I enjoyed going out to a local restaurant, where I would eat, drink coffee, read, and visit with the many people who would come and go during the time that I was there. Again, as long as they are not pressed for a table, they don't mind if you're a regular and you tip well. In fact, people who wouldn't otherwise go out to eat would come to the restaurant to meet with people.

When Dr. Fauci's Virus was foisted on us, the restaurants were closed for a year, during which time most of the ones that I enjoyed went out of business, and may never reopen. Those that are open now have fewer tables, because of distancing nonsense, and are therefore pressed for tables, and people are not encouraged to visit with one another. So, unless I am going north of Millinocket, where restaurant owners and retail businesses have barely acknowledged the Dr. Fauci Virus and our governor's ridiculous regulations, I rarely go to restaurants anymore and, when I do, it's a matter of eating and leaving. I think we have only about two restaurants open in Millinocket now and they aren't the ones that I went to before, so I haven't seen much point in going there now.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Between appointments, I found this dish towel in the MDA gift shop. Pretty much sums me up.

IMG_9406.jpg

Tony Page and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I can write a similar tale. Early on in my adult life I always cooked at home. I was sooooo house poor. Then when I got better jobs, I started to eat out the majority of time. I partly did this to be around other humans, since I've always lived alone.

I've seen local restaurants close. One thing that makes what the government has done to them different than a general economic downturn is to pass laws that gave them no option to adjust, as they might have under honest circumstances. And those who have lost their jobs (as most of us here have) cannot go "do what it takes" to make ends meet because the government has intentionally shut down the entire economy. Workers have no where to go.

I just went to my local IHOP yesterday. Rather than being open 24 hours, they are open for 12. All those servers with nowhere to turn.

I called a plumber today to have the drain lines under my house replaced, and they can't come out until Wednesday to give me an estimate of when they can later come out to fix it. "We can't find help. The government pays people enough to sit at home that they don't need to work."

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. John Brunner

On Fridays, the Lay Leader at church sends out the bulletins for next Sunday's service.

They have issued new COVID rules in compliance with The Government We Serve:

· Fully vaccinated leaders may preach without a mask
    · Fully vaccinated persons may be unmasked in indoor and outdoor settings, including worship
    --[The UMC's rules have been you put your mask on before you step out of your car]
    · Fully vaccinated persons may sing without a mask indoor and outdoor settings, including worship
    · Offering will be taken during the service
    --[We have not been passing the plate]
    · Social distancing remains for those who are not fully vaccinated.

I've already had some there ask "Why don't you just go get yourself a shot?" I have been poked at (never raising the issue myself), and when I give a measured response, people act as though I am attacking their choices in doing what they feel they need to do (I never would.) I won't be going back. These rules put a target on the backs of people like me (except the other people like me never came back once The Government We Serve gave us permission to worship together again as long as you wear a mask.) We are pariahs. We must stay 6 feet away from everyone else, and they are not to come near the lepers.

Church has been my main social outlet since retiring. I am part of a "Three Church Charge," meaning we are 3 small congregations and share a pastor. We help each other out with whatever events each church is involved in (there had been lots of activities), and I've helped all 3 with repairs. It used to keep me busy. The reaction to COVID already destroyed all of that. Now my sanctuary from the world has willingly destroyed the last remnant of routine human contact I've got. I'm not sure how I'm going to replace it.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The biggest change for me is not being able to see and hug my children and grandchildren like I used to. Since I've always been a home body staying home doesn't bother me. Sometimes I miss my trips to the Library but I have adapted and just read more online now. And when we want restaurant food we just order it and have it delivered. Most of our restaurants changed to delivery or curbside pickup to get through this COVID-19 season.

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

a few persons have decided likewise, not to take part in the programming of the human mind and the immune system (the drug company published a year ago that the immunization IS A PROGRAM, NOT biological/ NOT a natural anything.
    THAT program, the drug company published, is
    meant to destroy the normal human immune response, and to replace it with one the drug company can modify every year or so.
    The many plagues already started will now increase a thousand-fold, or ten-thousand fold
    IN THOSE who got the program injected.

Meanwhile, The Generous Benevolent Creator, has Divinely Protected His Own children, and granted all those who put their trust IN HIM (not in man, not in scientists) ,
    to watch (OBSERVE) as a thousand die on your side,
    and ten thousand at your right hand....
    and no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. (if you live in a house, well.... that's another story)

PSALM 91
    "A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent."

12. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Nothing is the same as Pre Virus----Federal and State governments are all screwed up. Medical Services and Law Enforcement Agencies are a mess. Serious Crime is rampant. Businesses are not efficient. My Assisted Living home just ain't what it used to be.

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  13. John Brunner

It's not COVID. None of those things happened in our lives because of people dropping like flies. It's the REACTION to COVID that has destroyed.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I honestly haven't noticed things being much different at all. Last year when all the panic buying was going on we were temporarily inconvenienced by things, but that's about it. I've missed seeing my kids and grandkids, but right now I'm basically quarantined due to my compromised immune system and can't see them anyway.

One thing occurred to me about MD Anderson that is kind of interesting... when I went to their ER facility a few weeks ago, it had been renamed the Cancer Acute Care Facility. I'm sure they removed the "Emergency Room" designation to avoid being overrun with Covid patients. (I have no way to confirm this but it makes sense from where I'm sitting.)

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Luckily the Ignore feature is functioning as intended, preventing me from responding to bullshit that raises my blood pressure.