Have You Read " One Second After "?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Don Alaska, May 12, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Has anyone here read One Second After? It is a fact-based novel about an EMP attack on the U.S. by Iran. Homeland Security has just published a report relating just such a thing may be in preparation. While we are following and spending as much in Ukraine as we did in Afghanistan, Iran appears to be preparing to attack the U.S. using weapons obtained from North Korea and China financed in part with funds sent to them by the Obama Administration. This was released by the Washington Examiner and the report appears to be real. No one is paying any attention to it however. I have always believed that the reason Iran wanted nuclear weapons was to launch an EMP attack on the U.S. and to destroy Israel of course. They know full well they cannot match us with ICBMs in a nuclear attack, but two or three weapons launched from submarines (which they already have) or from surface merchant ships or "tankers" are totally within the realm of possibility. This was exactly the scenario set forth in the book mentioned above. Here is the article containing a link to the actual report:
    Iran attacks

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, I have.

3. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Me too. My older brother gave me a copy several years ago. We (SO & I) are both in mid 70, both diabetic, and would be the first to go in the ensuing chaos.

4. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, and I've read the two sequels also, which weren't as good as the first book.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

No I haven't read that but will click on the link above. I know Iran is our enemy but so are many other nations. Yet Iran seems to really hate us so but then again China is spending lots of time and energy in Africa now so we are needed less by them and they too want to be the worlds super power.

Don Alaska likes this.