Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jake Smith, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks Von, glad to be here.

Marie Mallery and Von Jones like this.
  2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Welcome Jake :)

Jake Smith likes this.
  3. Jake Smith

Registered

Thanks, Thomas nice helicopter photo too.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome from Wisconsin, Jake!

Marie Mallery and Jake Smith like this.
  5. Jake Smith

Registered

Thanks, Mary nice to meet you.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Jake Smith

Registered

You changed the helicopter photo, huh Thomas? I like the Army Photo too. :)

7. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

I have a whole folder of cover photos made for facebook the past 12 years. I was watching news this morning and see facebook laid off thousands due to that new platform they started failing. All they hire are leftist so it was welcome news as far as I'm concerned. They really are criminal and should have already been fined for constitutional violations banning people for their beliefs, not only for what they say. The only people I know any longer are all the ones still living I served with and they are slowly all dying. I get a message every great once in a while checking up on me but other than that I have no contact with any of them any longer. There are only a couple pilots I flew with left and no gunners or crew chiefs. Now there are two other gunners who flew on my old ship at different times after I left and went to the other company. My world is getting exponentially smaller each day. Tomorrow is the day I joined the Army and at that time the weather was cold and sleeting in Oklahoma. We left at dusk from Will Rogers airport OKC and arrived at Fort Polk around 2am. They picked us up and drove us to a mess hall which gave us two cold franks and some cold potatoes and I knew then the chow would not be what I was used to. It never got any better until 1967 when I arrived at my Missile base in Alvarado. We ate really good and it was like being a civilian again. I feel really sad now because all those people I knew then in Alvarado have all died including some very close to me. They made lots of changes since I left from there to RVN. New High School , I-35 west is now bypassing Alvarado as well as 160 coming from Dallas and Desoto and other small towns. It was turning into Midlothian an old Texas cotton town with a gin still working in 1967. It is bypassed now and still there is a lot of traffic on that 160 coming into Alvarado. In 1967 traffic was extremely light. Parts of Bonnie and Clyde was filmed there in Midlothian and also Venus Texas only 4 miles from the base coming in the back way. My last visit to the old base was in 77 when my wife and I vacationed. It had already changed a lot, all the old rails from all the old cotton gin routes were taken up and left no landmarks to follow to find the base coming in from Houston.

Mary Stetler and Jake Smith like this.
  8. Jake Smith

Registered

Yeah, I was looking back on when I joined here and caught that the helicopter was gone, so I thought I would say something. Thank you for your service and all who served with you and the ones that have passed, "so sorry" for your loss, but sure you will see them again one day. Agree about Facebook, he spent millions on drop boxes and knocking Trump out of the election in 2020. And you're right about them only hiring leftists too. We have a son and his family living in Texas. Seen movies of Bonnie and Clyde so had to see some of the areas where you talking about. I only went to Texas once, for the funeral of our son, whose firstborn son died at 6 months old, crib death they called it. I think it's changing everywhere, and everything; seems to me anymore. I stay busy to keep my mind on track, as much as I can, but I still, wonder where all these new changing is taking us.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Change? I keep hoping everyone sees how we have been and are being used. I Love Candace Owens and how she explains how she learned that Black Americans are not victims! They just need to pull themselves up and stop eating what the Libs have been and are feeding them. see youtube on how she exposes Black Lives Matter for the scam it is. If we all pull together we can flush the World Economic Forum agenda. I think even Musk would help us.
    I just learned a dyed in the wool liberal I know has a GUN. I could not believe it. She is not violent but wants protection when I am sure she thinks she might need it. I believe she fears conservatives. We need to dispell the fears on both sides because that is the weapon the powers that be use to divide us.

Jake Smith likes this.
  10. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Welcome from New England, Jake.

Jake Smith likes this.
  11. Jake Smith

Registered

She's really smart and hits the nail on the head too. Another is Jessie Peters very wise but for the most part, liberals want to call them uncle tom instead of realizing they're right.:confused: Liberals don't want any conservative to have a gun but they have armed guards or at least a gun if not. I'm really not sure if there's anyone who can turn things back around, from what we are seeing happen to everyone who stands for what's right. Some just seem to be clearly above the law, and I have even seen some of those criminals on tv saying, no one is.:confused:

12. Jake Smith

Registered

Thank you, John, and I still enjoy seeing you're adventures on your bike, and drone photos.

13. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

https://ibb.co/album/vsHYY4

Jake Smith likes this.
  14. Jake Smith

Registered

Cool looking photos, Thomas this one has a tiger in it.

[​IMG]

That's really unusual. :)

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  15. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

This is Tuffy the company mascot for the 121st aslt hel co. He was brought to Soc Trang by a pilot who had been transferred from Thailand to the 121st. Tuffy was eventually sent to an Eastern Zoo in the USA and he lived a long life dying in the mid 80s of kidney failure which of course is common with all breeds of cats. He was a real pussy cat but he just got too large and heavy and command was afraid he would injure someone.

Mary Stetler and Jake Smith like this.