Highlighted Print

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a laptop, I really like, but have some issues i cant rid myself of. One is- when typing the portion I want to delete or correct, highlights not only that word, but sometimes entire paragraph. It is a pain trying to undo what the system has done. Why does this keep happening? Can I stop or fix this?
    Also have noticed recently, a small file as an attachment is showing at bottom of a post. I have not put that there and do not know why it is happening. I delete it when I can catch it.
    this thing has touch pad and I hate it. I have watched all the videos on how to get rid of it, but nothing works, i even uninstalled the pad feature, yet it is still working. Any ideas?
    Is a Dell Latitude 3340. Any help appreciated.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am not a laptop user but I did find this small article relating to the touch pad on or off. You might try this and see if the problem goes away with the touch pad off.

May 6, 2022 Press and hold the Windows () key, and then press the q key. In the Search box, type Touchpad. Touch or click Touchpad settings (System settings). Look for a Touchpad On/Off toggle. When there is a Touchpad On/Off toggle option: Touch or click the Touchpad On/Off toggle to turn the touchpad on or off.

3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

In case you don't have the manuals

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

G--Click on the Windows Start Icon (Toolbar bottom left)
    - Go to Settings
    - Select "Devices"
    - Select "Touchpad" (on left of screen)
    - Toggle to OFF

On my settings, if I plug a mouse into the laptop the touchpad is automatically disabled. I have a Dell.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I use a trackpad even on my standalone computers because I've gotten used to them, but trackpads do tend to do that sometimes. I have that problem from time to time, and it seems to get worse as my trackpad gets older. I don't have a solution for it, though. It doesn't do it often, so I just live with it. I have a Mac but have had that problem on Windows machines too. I think it's a trackpad issue and not a computer issue.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

there ino such option on this one. least not in settings

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

thank you i appreciate your help - however i have been trying all of that and more for longtime. Found something yesterday I may try today and see if that works.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.