Hillary Clintons New Book, - What Happened - Is Outselling - It - On Amazon

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Shirley Martin, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

OMG you guys are bad! :)

I did enjoy seeing Hillary Clinton on BookTV. I'm considering getting the book but I have another coming in from Amazon I want to read first.

One of the KGO San Francisco talk show hosts (left leaning) stated he wasn't going to read it but decided to and it's better and different than what he expected.

I did see several complaints that reviews were deleted on Amazon. I didn't look close enough to see if they were a "verified purchase"

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't hate her but I'm just not interested in her at all. I also don't hate Obama, just didn't vote for him and accepted that he was the President at the time...unlike those that constantly say Trump is not their president...yes he is wether you like it or not. :)

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I did check the book on Amazon and every 1 star review or reviewer that stated their 1 star review was deleted was a verified purchase. At least at the ones I looked at. I didn't go through them all. 6% are 1 star at this point.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This topic reminded me of L. Ron's book "Dianetics." You may recall it. The propaganda says it spent years on the bestseller list. I recall hearing that it was such a high-seller because the troops of Scientology were sent out to buy every copy they could off of the store shelves, which they then returned to the distribution center to be shipped out to the stores again. Retailers were receiving shipments that had their competitors' price stickers on them. I cannot find confirmation of this with a quick internet search, but it was said that the reported sales of the book was many times greater than the number ever printed.

I figured this is something Hillary would do.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I have no interest in reading books written by any politicians. I don't know if Trump has written a book since he was president, but I wouldn't read it if he did, and I certainly wouldn't waste time reading Hillary's book. First of all, it's unlikely that she actually wrote it, which is probably true of most politicians but, secondly, she doesn't have a track record for telling the truth anyhow, which is probably also true of most politicians.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Yeh, you can never assume they have "this is for posterity" motives. Always angling for the dollars and--as you said---nuthin' but ghost writers (which in Hillary's case is likely to be a literal truth.)

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Most of her voters don't read or can even understand the books lango so I think her books were bought up by her and her cohorts.Other than Hollyhood's or Antifa types who else?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, if the old saying is true "A penny saved is a penny earned," this book is $14.88 that won't be coming out of my pockets!!

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

You mean it's not in the $1.00 cart yet??????:eek:

Joanna Newton likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Perhaps Hillary is selling her major stock of worthless books to the same people and the same way as Joe Biden’s son is “selling” his worthless paintings. I’m sure some folks in the Ukraine, China and Russia are avid art collectors and readers.

Ken Anderson likes this.