Homosexuals And Public Show Of Affection

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Faye Fox, May 20, 2022.

1. Jessica Morgan

Jessica Morgan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have a lesbian colleague, she's always been pleasant to me and I've never felt uncomfortable around her, she has a partner and chats to her on her phone in her car during her break. Doesn't flaunt it and gets along well with everyone at work.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think that’s the real crux of the matter.
    Coming out of the closet shouldn’t mean that said person has to flaunt their sexuality and make it public knowledge. It’s personal and should remain personal.
    There shouldn’t even be a parade in honor of those who have made the decision to no longer hide who they believe themselves to be.
    I do not even want to know about the sexual exploits of straight people so why would I want to know about the preferences of those who deviate from the norm and moreover, celebrate it?

I’m straight and I’m married to a real woman who in every respect is a woman so nuff said. I do not need anything or anyone to validate my sexuality much less a parade.

3. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Was the discussion with her "wife-mate' on the phone during lunch more 'sexual' than a wife/husband talking to husband/wife during lunch?

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No one has discussed their sexual exploits with me since 7th or 8th grade, and I doubt any of that was true anyhow, so, while I would be uneasy around someone's gay exploits in my presence, the same would be true of heterosexual tales. As far as public displays of affection, I suppose that would depend on the displays. If two guys were to pass me on the sidewalk holding hands, I'd probably notice, whereas I might not notice if it were a man and a woman, but it's not like I'd throw up. For that matter, I am more likely to notice a minority than I would a white person here in Millinocket, but that's only because we don't have a whole lot of minorities here. That wasn't the case when I lived in other places. It's not a values judgment.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Back in 2016, while still living in Jacksonville, Florida, we were planning a trip to Disney World's Star Wars area. It was a fairly new area that had opened up. We were at local Walmart talking to a lady and our trip came up. She said to us, "Don't go in June, that's Gay Pride Month." We hadn't mentioned a thing about our feelings toward the Gay community and she told us that. We looked at her and said, "guess we'll have to change our visit to July." She said, "good idea".

Pretty obvious that not everyone in America is a supporter of Gay Pride Month or even the community.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You can mark me down as a "non-supporter." I think it sucks but nobody asked me what I thought. :D

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I really don't know what any "community" is, other than a way to make objects out of individuals and then tell everyone that all of the different objects hate them. Not supporting this has nothing to do with anyone's feelings about individual people and how they choose to live their lives.

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s pretty obvious that you totally missed the meaning of my reply James.
    Jessica was writing about a co-worker who was is a lesbian but didn’t flaunt her lifestyle choice.
    My post was merely a comparison between her co-worker versus others who seem to feel the need to advertise their choices in some rather annoying ways.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I guess I'm just a "live and let live" fella. What others do in public or in private almost never concerns me. Used to work with a guy who called most things like that a "nunya".

As in "nunya business"

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

there are way too many holidays on calendars anyway, and this should not be one either.
    Like many things in our lives, this to has been ran in the ground. I am accepting of other peoples rights,
    but growling resentful, irritated , and disgusted by constantly having gay rights thrown in my face like totally unwanted commercials. Keep your hands to yourselves.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Hoot, that's exactly attitude these groups want people to be, so they can do anything they want to. Hug, kiss or "tongue lash" each other wherever they want. It gets sickening to see this and there are definitely parents in America that don't want their young children to see this.

12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Public displays of affection can get pretty obnoxious with straight couples too. I remember sitting in a theater and a couple were placing popcorn in each others mouths and just behaving over the top.

As for same sex, I don't care what they do, just don't make me watch.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yep, so far this month, some networks are advertising Gay Pride Month heavily. Then again, they don't want to lose viewers. Just like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Darn glad that tomorrow is the last day of Pride Month!!

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You and me both. I spent this month "unsubscribing" emails from any retailer who sent me any "PRIDE MONTH!!" crap. I actually took the time to write to them and advise them to stop pandering to perverts and keep their mind on their business. This included Macy's and a few others that I have been a good customer of for years. I've just had enough of it.