Homosexuals And Public Show Of Affection

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Faye Fox, May 20, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Gotta love it when the party of Jim Crow is now the savior of African Americans. Kinda gives you whiplash.

Don Alaska, Al Amoling and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

This is off the topic of the thread but did not want o make a new one.
    In the almost 5 years I have been on forum, there has been only one person on the forum who ever mentioned their being gay. Do not remember name but do not think he is on here anymore. So my question is - don't you think it odd that no gay people - if any- on the forum have given their view in all this hoopla?
    I have no qualm about gay people, other than I do not want to be smothered by constantly reminded with in my face stuff. Was just a passing thought,

3. John Brunner

I'm not sure I would. So much of this stuff distills human beings down into classes and objects. I'd not participate in validating that. Besides, they would be outnumbered. And perhaps such a person has already commented and chooses to not self-disclose.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Agree.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, some people totally support the GLBTQ community, while others definitely don't. And, why the "Q" is at the end of that community name, is beyond me. Only they can use that term, nobody else can or law enforcement may pay them a visit. Years ago, a non-GLBTQ person could say that word, but not today.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Unless one can prove that uttering the word Queer is somehow associated with hate speech, then there is no legal reason for the law interfering.
    It would be like me calling myself an idiot and then prosecuting someone else for agreeing with me.
    That said, queer means queer and doesn’t have to be gay and I can still be gay without having an affinity for male on male sex. I’m merely happy.
    And…..just because other than straight people have claimed certain words to describe their deviancy doesn’t mean they can own them.
    I have a very good vocabulary and much less than 1% has anything to do with sex.

Just like the rainbow. It’s what happens when light is bent through water particles and doesn’t have anything to do with someone’s genitalia.
    Note: The covenant that depicted a rainbow had to do with Noah. The genitalia thing came with a covenant with Abraham.
    Note 2. Why the gays have claimed the rainbow is stupid to begin with. Noah and family were left to repopulate the earth and being gay doesn’t have much to do with procreation.

Even dropping the N word isn’t against the law. It might get a lot of undesired attention but it isn’t illegal.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Many years ago ( about 18 years ) our neighbour was married ….but was also gay ….he’s a nurse ….Nah …that turns my stomach….not saying anymore

why take over rainbow colours …so most things rainbow are now connected with being gay .

We was watching the news one night right after the huge gay Mardi Gras that’s held in Kings Cross ( Sydney) each year
    and then the camera showed a close up scene of our neighbour in bright lime green bathers…with his lover.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Queers are being promoted on TV ...IMO .... As are interacial marriages . Look at the actor/portrayal of the people in commercials , it's almost always a white man married to a black woman , or the other way around, and they seem to all have tan kids.

Perhaps it is indicative of the new world order , new society.

Al Amoling and John Brunner like this.
  9. John Brunner

It does seem to be "all of a sudden" and everywhere. One wonders exactly by what mechanism all these shows, advertisers and ad agencies took this turn, all at the same time.

Al Amoling and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Poker.
    1. company: I’m in for 2 African Americans
    2. 2nd company: I’ll see the 2 African Americans and raise you with 1 African American married to a Caucasian.
    3. 3rd company: I’ll see that and raise you 2 gay African Americans.
    4. 4th company: yup and raise with 1 transvestite white husband, a S&M black wife seeking a good lawyer for a botched abortion.
    5. 5th company: all the above plus a rich pedo also looking for a lawyer, a script for E.D. and a picture of a poverty stricken trans she/her/zee kid in Somalia.

11. John Brunner

But at the end of the day, it still has to attract customers. Or perhaps we're all gonna buy the cr@p anyway, and if every business is putting forth this stuff, it's not gonna affect any of them relative to the others. At some point the goal of advertising is no longer to sell a product. And I still think it is centrally orchestrated and not escalating one-upmanship (although that may be a factor.)

I wonder who is most subject to this...people like me who are on OTA (antenna tv), or people who are on satellite/cable/internet/whatever. I gotta think that the low-tech viewers are subject to the most advertising.

Bobby Cole and Al Amoling like this.
  12. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

IMO ........ It all started during the BHO administration , ....... there are those that are trying to turn the world "tan" and make being queer / transgender normal ....perhaps in some lame attempt creat unity & perhaps peace ?

The sudden part IMO stems from the fact that the government is largely back to / still ... liberal , as is the media & entertainment industry .

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I have no personal problems or qualms about the sexual identities of other people as long as it's not in my face. As a Christian, I cannot deny that the Bible speaks out against homosexuality but, like some other biblical dictates, I don't understand but accept it. Still, I see nothing to indicate that I am supposed to hate people for their sexual identity, and so I won't.

14. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Seriously, you think there is something wrong with interracial marriages?!?

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Joanna, just like a lot of things today, there are those that don't like it and those that have no problem with it. As for myself, I think if there are those that don't like it, that's up to them, just as those that have no problem with it.

I know a black guy in professional rodeo that married and had a daughter with a white lady. My wife and I have met him and he's a great guy, but he got heckled a lot when some contestants found out that his wife was white. He was actually attacked after a rodeo and had to hire a couple of body guards to go to rodeos with him. This happened some 30 years ago. Today he is in the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame and wife and I were there to see him go in and congratulate him. Him and his wife have a beautiful young daughter and all of the heckling is over.

Problem is, some black guys make it their fun to tease some white guys about the gorgeous white woman that have. And, some black ladies wonder why a good looking black dude would be with a white dude or visa versa.