Homosexuals And Public Show Of Affection

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Faye Fox, May 20, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

God will sort it all out, most of us won't see the end result. I don't really hate anyone, I just hate what people do.

Denise Evans and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know why I find it so awful, but I do. I don't see it in public, but even on my streaming TV, smart, whatever, I see these commercials with mostly men loving on each other, and that was hard to type. But I've learned which commercials are like that, and I do that "plug my ears" and say lalalalalal, whatever til I figure it's over.

I've had a sheltered life in some ways growing up in small towns, and I probably thought Danny Thomas was a Lesbian instead of a Lebanese. Like I said, and I'm being honest about how it feels to me, and it just feels so wrong and I am sickened by it really.

I've thought about moving to a larger city for better medical/dental availability, and the thought crossed my mind that I would have to see that stuff in person if I move. I'm sure it exists here, but I haven't seen it, but we had a transgender either a wanna-be, or maybe had the surgery. He was a checker, worked at our Grocery Outlet. I felt he was so alone in this town and I was just as warm and caring to him as I am to others I meet when I'm out and about. So I know my distaste for seeing what is happening to people, is not going to make me dislike or be mean to them in person. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else. But I just believe it's sin, or mental illness caused by who knows what. And I have sinned my whole life, and now I'm pretty sure I have mental illness. I guess when it comes down to it, I can't throw the first stone. And if any of you are reading this that know me, know I am no squeaky clean christian, if there really is such a thing.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

This is a lot like me @Cody Fousnaugh Someone's post said in the future it will be so normal seeing it, and that's probably the truth. It is in some places, it just isn't something I will ever condone, accepting the fact that it is and will be happening more and more will probably be something I will have to accept, because I can't change it, so I don't make myself sick over it.

4. Denise Evans

Registered

well said @Thomas Stillhere That spells it out very good for me, I don't hate anyone, I feel hate sometimes but it has never gone deeper thank goodness. I am just really sad about our world this morning, sometimes I get bad anxiety, I guess that's what it is.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

But there will still be good parenting at home, they may have to hide out from the greater population while teaching their children truth. Pretty sure Covid opened the door to a lot of home-schooling and I don't that will be going away, but again, that also depends on the parents beliefs as well :rolleyes: It makes me kind of glad I didn't have kids, but I do have a heart for other's children, grand-kids etc.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Now that's a good point too, I don't like it either. Love seeing couples, especially older like me ;) holding hands (man and woman) but not to the point of..Yes, GET A ROOM!

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Geesh, I just realized how dang old this thread is, LOL!! Here I am, talking to myself again, I guess I'm ok company, but sure be nice if more Seniors would get online. It's pretty lonely living alone sometimes. Hell with it, who really gives a chit :p

8. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have been thinking about this thread and realized that I don’t care for much of any kind of public displays of affection, at least human to human. I like it when it’s human/companion animal or other animal/animal displays. Not sure why I’m that way. Perhaps I perceive human/human displays as always having a sexual element to them and, for me, that’s just plain private. The other displays appear to me to be simply pure affectionate bonding.

Krystal Shay and Denise Evans like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

It's just the way the world has changed, and the different ways we were brought up. Even I had a rather Victorian Grandmother that taught me a lot of how to behave, not that I've not wandered off the path in my life ;)

Thomas Windom likes this.