How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

The weather here can be described in one word.............HOT!! Cooling down next weekend, but then back up again. Yesterday evening, at 6:30, we went to Walmart and it was still 95 degrees. That's just too hot for us that time of day.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

26 F. this morning sooo...summer is truly over. Virtually everything of value is out of the garden, so now it is just waiting for snow and winter. Finished my new woodshed yesterday, so NOW I have to fill it. Sigh.

Marie Mallery and Mary Stetler like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The leaves are turning color and falling.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Down to 26 F. this morning once again. Like @Ken Anderson the leaves are falling.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It’s a beautiful 75 here today but the forecast for the rest of the week is low 80s. I’m so ready to say goodbye to the 80s. :(

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Saturday, October 7th.
    It’s cold or maybe that needs a more descriptive term as in, “derned” cold.
    At the present time, it’s only 14 degrees above freezing and tonight is going to get down to 5 degrees above freezing.
    I let Rusty out of his kennel so he could go outside and he stuck his nose out the door and promptly turned around to his warm place in the kennel. He already has a fur coat and even he said it’s too cold even to go out to do his “chores”.

Two days ago I was wearing shorts and a tank top, this morning I am weighed down with sweat pants and 2 sweaters and thinking about digging out the winter coat.
    At this point in time, the only saving grace is that I have a hot cup of coffee and if not for that, hell freezing over is not an expression that I would take lightly any longer.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in Florida, it is still nice but suppose to get down into the high 40s Sunday night. In a couple days back up into the 80s for the high.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

In the spring and fall, when the weather is neither too hot or too cold, we usually have several windows open for the house to have fresh air, and the doors open in the daytime. If it is going to start being in the 30’s at night, we will definitely be closing those windows when we go to bed at night .
    In the summer, I just have one cup of coffee in the morning (with my mushroom powder and acacia prebiotic), but now I have my big coffee pot out and the little one put away, so I can have a warm-up on my coffee this morning.

I was grumbling to @Bobby Cole last night (yes, I DO sometimes grumble) that I would like to live somewhere else because it seems like half of the year it is too muggy and hot, and the other half, it is cold, wet, and dreary. I know we can’t move anywhere else; but I often daydream about living out on the West Coast again, seeing Mt. Rainier and Mt. Saint Helens in the distance, and being able to drive to the ocean and walk barefoot in the sand.

9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Grass is greener....?

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

And the sky is bluer…… just like in the song.

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

That was the theme for "Here Comes the Brides". Do you remember? I never found the skies that blue, and the winter skies are totally depressing.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

OOOOOOhhhhhh....Bobby Sherman.
    Seems like their ground was always muddy.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Closest thing to a mountain for me was Stone Mountain aka largest solid granite rock on earth. And I loved it but like much else it is now crime city.
    I handle the weather here ok although it is hot, humid and most winters are mild.
    We still drive to St. Augustine Beach every several months. I love the ocean but no longer swim in it.
    I hope we have a rare ice storm here this winter, to rid us of all these chiggers and tic's.
    I put a fan in the window and leave one open and it creates a nice draft to cool us. Plus it cleans the air.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

I love the fall colors. My Bucket List was to go to Gloucester and visit The Wrens Nest [ {Perfect Storm movie] during the fall. Not anymore of course not into long trips at our age.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Yeah, my wife was a fan too. I was too busy at that time in my life to watch TV, so I missed it. That show and the theme song was the impetus that began the big migration to the Seattle area, along with the World's Fair in 1962. The show was on from 1968-1970 and, since it was also about cutting down trees, it would not be allowed on TV now.

Mary Stetler likes this.