How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I kind of remember that there was some kind of a program on television, @Don Alaska ; but i have never been a television person, and prefer quiet and reading books, so I never actually saw the TV show. I just remember Perry Como singing the song, and always loved the song , as well as Western Washington.
    I lived south of Seattle, near the tiny village of Mossyrock, which is on Hwy. 12 about halfway between Seattle and Portland, and was in the foothills of Mt. Saint Helens.
    I think that because the skies were often so dreary that it made the sky seem spectacularly BLUE when we did have that wonderful sunny day.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That is what people say about Sitka, Alaska. The weather is so dreary so much of the time that the few nice days they do have are treasured.

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The trees here are starting to turn. I had planted sumac at the back of the farm to have a wall of red in the fall but today the wind was so strong that it blew all the leaves that were red away.:(
    Still lots of green to change colors though.
    The skies are the smokey grey color with splashes of blue with fluffy clouds. And the sun is definitely fall light when it is out on the harvested, golden fields. Good working weather.

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Our leaves are all down. Bare trees is all we have. Snow was predicted a few days ago, but never materialized.

Bobby Cole and Mary Stetler like this.
  5. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We still have most of our leaves on the trees. It’s been a little warmer than usual but got down almost to freezing last night. Now we are to have a warming trend and then maybe get down to the real business of fall by the end of next week. I’m going to get my sprinklers drained.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

it has been cold last couple of nights, low in the high 50s.When just a few days ago lows were in mid 70s, big change. I dressed like I was going snow skiing this morning.
    I turned on heat and opened all windows and doors a few minute's ago to clear out vents for winter.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

some forecasters are predicting snow for tomorrow, and some are predicting dry weather. Weather Channel and Wunderground are predicting dry weather, while Accuweather and some l;ocal stations are predicting snow. We will see what tomorrow brings, but it sure feels like snow outside right now. The high today here was 36 F. It is cloudy and very humid. I put the blade on the tractor just in case. I sure hope I don't need the snowblower this early!

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Our first snow is currently falling. Missed by the forecasters. The ground is lightly covered. The temperature is just under 30 F. so I hope it doesn't last too long. I could, however, last until April.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Still raining here. I don't think we've had a dry day in a few weeks, although there were a couple of days when it didn't rain all day and all night.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

We have had a few nights hovering around the 40°F/4.5°C mark. When it gets below there, I fire up the wood stove. I still need to clean the flu, season the stove and drag wood to the front porch. The 10 day forecast looks like it will not get cold enough in that time frame.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Registered

It is definitely fall here. Next week is 40's for lows all week. Really nice days.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Registered

Daughter has used up most of the dry stacked wood from last year. Not sure she replaced it. But we have lots of junk mail.:rolleyes:

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

It says 88-90, but no ac on all day, it is a bit windy and with windows open a ceiling fan we have been comfortable all day

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

A bit nippy here this morning. Temp this morning was +8 F. but it is sunny and clear with no wind. The lake is beginning to freeze, and I have to plug in the chicken water and the tractor heater. No snow here yet though.

Tom Galty and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Starting this coming Monday, the heat lovers here aren't going to like the temperature change. We are going to go to our October normal/average temperature of lower 80's. Wife and I will love it, but the younger generation here won't.

Don Alaska likes this.