How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

In the 70s. My daughter in law says 'Come on outside Mom, it's really nice. The sun is shining.' so cheerful. So I went outside to see them off. Started sneezing my head off, I shouted, 'It's started!' o_O:mad: allergies, that is.' in my Beverly Hillbillies theme song voice. :rolleyes:

I tell ya I crack myself up.:)

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday our high temp was 72, but this coming Sunday our high temp will be 55. Gonna be some folks pissed! But, at least on/after the 10th of next month/March, days will start getting longer. Time change!

We are "biting at the bit" to get our boat ready to see if it will start on water hose/muffs at storage.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, it is in the seventies today. I am all sweaty. But now I believe in climate change because tomorrow the highs are supposed to be in the 20's.:confused:

4. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Well that is a bit of a change

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Cold is supposed to return for the rest of the week and weekend. I guess winter is not ready to give up yet.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

:(

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We already know what's going to hit the Carson City/Reno area.............blizzard type conditions, but we've lived thru blizzards before and will do it again. Lower population, less traffic, etc., etc. will be nice. The higher elevation a person lives, winter weather will be there.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

50°F and raining. Very dreary day after a week or so of sunshine and the high 70's.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Ours is almost the same except warmer, but cloudy and rain chance.

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

-19 F. this morning, but sunny and calm, so the wind chill is insignificant. Predicted to be even colder tomorrow then warming into next week to up near freezing. I am starting plants now, though, so it feels like spring is coming. Yesterday my wife said things will thaw eventually, and I replied, "I think that is what Ooog and Oola said as they went into the last ice age.:confused:

11. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Red Flag warnings for high fire danger here for the next couple of days. The temp is 60 F and the wind is calmer than forecast, at least where I am. So far today we've only had one fire reported, on a military installation again. They are good about getting right on it.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I wonder if the fires around military installations are a sign of things to come?

13. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I do believe anything is possible with things that are going on in the US but this fire is most likely a result of high winds, dry conditions and military training. Grass fires are not unusual in the downrange training areas where it's just grass, weeds and hot weapons. Sometimes they do get close to an area off base where there are homes or the smoke can interfere with traffic on highways.

Of more concern will be fires near populated areas.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

23F here at the moment, which might seem cold to those of you in the South, but it's balmy for this time of year. Okay, maybe not balmy but it could be worse.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Very high, and in many areas, destroying winds here. Close to hurricane force! Bad when in a business parking lot and a person opens there door to get out. The door can hit the person, look like it's going to be torn off of its hinges or open fast and hit a vehicle sitting next to you. Actually, we seen that happen to a couple yesterday at Kohl's. The wife/girlfriend opened the passenger door and it bumped the car sitting next to them. Don't know how much, if any, damage was done, but the wife/girlfriend had the man move the car to a spot where no other vehicles were parked.

Hope our boat/trailer/full cover is ok. If we don't go today, will have to go tomorrow evening to check it out.

Don Alaska likes this.