How Are You Vets Taking The Latest Events In Kabul

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Bobby Cole, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Not many people have caught on to the fact that the Taliban released thousands of incarcerated men from prison a couple of days prior to the bombing at the airport. Included with those prisoners were known terrorists who without a doubt rejoined their respective militant terrorist group.

At this time, I do wonder how many of those prisoners have been transported to the United States as supposed evacuees.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Maybe them and the illegals from all over the world can fight over the spoils.

Ed Wilson, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just read that the Taliban now have a better-equipped land army than does Australia, just with the stuff left behind in Afghanistan. Just imagine what this will do for the terrorists as they spread throughout the world with those weapons. 9-11 will be nothing in comparison.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Meantime back at the Pentigon they are teaching CRT and LBQT to our troops.
    I don't think there is any place for our young to run to either. I feel bad for out youth.

Don Alaska, Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Who would have thought that this administration could screw up so much in 8 months? God help us the next 3+ years. We only have to wait until the next election to facilitate a change (maybe), but Pelosi is trying to wrestle control of elections from the states to the federal government. The last election was questionable. I am really hoping for some drastic reaction to right the ship, it being kosher or not.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

At the speed the're going we won't be a nation in a year. America will be history.

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Yes, I feel we are experiencing the demise of the United States of America.

9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

In 1974, during a ceremony honoring the erection of the Vietnam War Memorial, 1 veteran stood up and spoke for a few thousand inactive and active soldiers. He spoke in reference to agent orange claims but at the time it could have been about any portion of the inept stupidity that ensued during the war and the pullout.
    To paraphrase, he said that the government had us trained as soldiers and if Congress didn’t sit down immediately and figure things out then we will all march on Washington.
    In short, both the House and the Senate was immediately called into session, committees were formed and it wasn’t long before a primary decision was made.

Of course, the process regarding claims for Agent Orange is still a mess but it goes to show that if and when the people of the United States stand up and tell our government officials what will happen if they do not get squared away, they will suddenly get inspired to do what they are supposed to be doing.
    January 6th was a pre-planned fiasco by those who would profit the most out of it namely, the Democratic Party and NOT those who were there just for a Trump rally. Common sense tells everyone that. The government proceedings that were interrupted would have probably put Trump back in office.
    I digress most horribly.
    What they called an insurrection was not even close to an insurrection but if they really want to see and experience the real thing then I do fear that Washington, D.C. will get that chance if they keep playing these idiotic political games.

The very least I can see happening is a Constitutional Convention of States and worse I can see happening? Use your imagination because there are a lot of people who just aren’t going to take it any longer.

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I fear a convention of states @Bobby Cole, as I don't think it can be controlled no matter what is claimed by the advocates of such a course. The Bill of Rights will go right out the window. The current constitution is pretty much ignored, so what would preclude the "elites" simply ignoring a new constitution?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was in DC in 2009 when we protested Obamacare and all else that was going on.
    Obana front.jpg

Obana back.jpg

Capitol.jpg

People were there from all over the country on their own dime. Pelosi called us AstroTurf.
    The next week the unions bused in the "We love Barry" crowd. Pelosi called them Grass Roots.

AstroTurf left the grounds spotless, 'cause our fathers taught us to police the grounds before we left.
    Grass Roots were pigs. What a mess.

I fear the whole thing fell on deaf ears. I fear we were "permitted" our little walk so as to give the illusion of there being some semblance of freedom still taking breath.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yes, I remember that we spoke about it in another thread but there has to be something that will finally wake up those people who are elected into office and maybe, even the people who vote for them.

I know it’s a bit of a stretch from one conversation to the other, but this retired Ranger has something to say that just might light some fires. At least he can’t be fired for saying what he has to say.

13. John Brunner

I am surprised to hear Mark Levin be so adamant that such a thing would not be hijacked. It's gotten to the point that when callers ask about it, he gets angry and refuses to discuss it anymore, as though he has been repeatedly hammered from what he believes to be a position of ignorance. I [sadly] missed his original rationale on it. I don't see how anything could be corrupt-proof these days, but he's unwavering on it.

Regarding your "Why pass new laws when the existing ones are not respected?" point, I think lots of us say that. At least, those of us who are not lawmakers say that. We've all said that about "our broken immigration laws" the first time that deceitful phrase was uttered.

I guess none of us ever thought we would live to see such times. But government always expands--to the detriment of the citizenry. It never contracts.

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I have heard advocates of the Convention claim the same thing, but they usually cannot back it up. They often sound like the Progressives who have to resort to name-calling and shouting the opposition down rather than refuting the argument and showing why their statement/position is true.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  15. John Brunner

I agree, but I don't think that of Levin. Perhaps I'm wrong. I've never met the man in person.

These days I am of the opinion that most who are pushing for this as a solution are infiltrators trying to get us to slice out own throats. (Again, I don't think that of Levin.)

ps: I found this 35 minute video of Levin making his case. I've tagged it to watch later. The comments to that video are "less than informative."