How Bad Will All This Inflation Go?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Joy Martin, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

From Mike Adams today::

Hyperinflation has begun in Germany, with food prices spiking up to 50 percent today. Hyperinflation is coming to America as well, and food prices are estimated to be on track to double this year.

Over the weekend, I went shopping at a "dollar" store in Texas to find out if bargain shopping is a viable strategy for prepping and covering basic needs at a lower cost.

The video is now posted: https://www.brighteon.com/5d07328f-5bc2-422f-a58a-d29f21ed9c54

Also today, Russia is going to demand rubles for nearly everything the country exports, including grain, commodities, fertilizer and more (not just for energy). This means "unfriendly" countries will be cut off from fertilizer and grain exports, plus minerals, timber and more.

The global supply chain is collapsing by the day.

Get the full story here.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That was what my original post that the sanctions will hurt the West much more than it hurts Russia. Russia still has a market for their exports, just not to Europe, etc. European nations are reporting the beginnings of staggering inflation and there are movements afoot to change governments, particularly in France, where elections are just around the corner, and Germany whose chancellor is looking over his shoulder. Biden would already be gone if he didn't have such an incompetent and disliked VP. I wonder if that was part of the plan?

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in our town, where food is cheaper than almost anywhere, it is up 30% over last year by my calculations. I was teased for prepping. It was my best investment. I was almost ready for a power shut down this last winter.
    China is sitting by watching. With us putting sanctions against Russia, I figure all China needs to do is hack our computer run ANYTHING to bring us to our knees.
    When I was a kid I used to play a card game called Crazy Eights. The eights were wild and I always held an eight till my last card and I mostly won. I feel China has an eight.

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I noticed when shopping a week or so ago that the price of butter has doubled, and the hot dogs in bulk that I usually purchased have also doubled in price. I found this article that lays out what is ahead:
    https://economicprism.com/countdown-to-u-s-government-default/

5. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have always been a minimalist and I can't remember the last time I bought a vegetable. Not because I don't like them but because my back and neck hurts so bad I just can't stand at a kitchen counter with my head bent looking down trying to cook .. If it won't heat in a microwave I don't buy it. I compensate a little by taking a good over 50 vitamin every morning with my other meds. I know for sure it does work because my finger nails and toe nails and the hair on the tip of my nose grows fast and it just drives me crazy. Never thought the day would come that I would have to shave my nose ! I found that I wasted more if I cooked for just myself using my croc pot .

6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

mayonaise went from 2.99 to 4.79

7. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

I shop once every 5 days, every time I go shop the same items I buy have gone up again. It is a no stop situation. I'm glad I no longer work at least I don't have to worry about the gas prices. When I buy a few gallons at the end of each month I just hold my nose and roll my eyes.

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Apparently the food prices have gone up just about everywhere.
    I heard a broadcast yesterday that stated in Germany, the food prices were already 20% higher from the previous month and then low and behold, yesterday, they went up an additional 50%.

It’s just speculation mind you but I think Germany also boycotted the use of Russian fuel so that might be the major cause of their problems.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I fear we are nowhere the top of the hill yet.....

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Have you who shop at Aldi seen a marked increase in prices? I just saw that Aldi has announced a 30-50% increase in prices due to inflation in Germany. Have you seen this? We don't have Aldi here, so I have no way to check that. I think @Yvonne Smith is a big Aldi shopper, so perhaps she can comment on this. Economists who are brave are saying that the inflation that is beginning in Europe will hit the U.S. by this fall, so be aware. It is a consequence of the sanctions on Russia.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have shopped at aldi for years. First prices went up as it went from a box store to having refrigerators and freezer sections. Then it went up a bit at the beginning of the pandemic and continued. lately, 30%+

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I actually have not been to Aldi for some time now. I love shopping there, but Bobby hates it, so I just end up ordering from walmart and picking it up curbside.
    The walmart prices are definitely going up, and I imagine that Aldi has had no choice but to raise their prices also.

An interesting thing…… we went for lunch at our nearby Mexican restaurant a while back, and they have a sign posted near the door , that because of rising food costs, the menu prices might not be correct.
    I can see that it might be not worthwhile for a restaurant to try and have new menus made as the prices go up, and this will probably be happening more and more as we move into the shortages everywhere.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

As long as there is cup soup and cornbread or crackers I can make it. As a matter of fact I think I will go in and heat a can of spaghetti and meatballs I bought several days ago. Not the best tasting in the world but it is steak when there is nothing else. I also bought 5 cans of tuna for the new kittens I have and I should have got 10 because it was really good tuna, who would have believed they made a mistake and put the good stuff on sale. The 3 cats approve of this message.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

m - e - o = w
    m = e - o - w
    m = e - o = w

15. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Joy we try to keep a little extra but what we wanted to do was grow and raise what we could, but that is becoming challenging. The weather is no help here the growing season is over by early June, it gets too hot. We have 3 hens one rooster but looks like the hen I thought was going to be a good brooder decided she didn't like the job. It is time to get more biddies or at least a couple of pullets.