How Do You Respond To The Enduring Question?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Boris Boddenov, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Nathaniel Merritt

Nathaniel Merritt Active Member
    Registered

I plant seeds for God and I do not waste my time spouting so called biblical theology that I have found turns people off to wanting to know their Creator.[/QUOTE]
    For examples of Scriptures that declare that the Lord Jesus Christ will eventually save All humankind through the Blood of His Cross see John 12:32, Romans 5:18,19, 11:32, 1 Timothy 2:4-6, 4:9-11, 1 Corinthians 15:22-28, Philippians 2:9-11 in conjunction with 1 Corinthians 12:3, Colossians 1:20. Colossians 1:20 says that Ta Panta(The All which is the Koine Greek way of saying ''the entire universe'') has been reconciled to Him.

2. Nathaniel Merritt

Nathaniel Merritt Active Member
    Registered

I just gave you Scriptures young woman. Psst! Your hubris is showing!

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes I've met your kind before. You always have some superior knowledge that you want to impart using other sources. I am not a troll but I see that golden helmet of knowledge on your head. Hint it's not gold but lead.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

What a nasty, think you know it all person you are. You sound just like the Pharisees and Sadducees that Jesus said came from their father Satan!

I suggest instead of trying to convince others how much you know...that you spend more time searching for God's truth because it is very clear you haven't found it yet.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Nathaniel Merritt ……
    Did you really think you could come on this forum proclaiming to be a Christian but exhibiting the traits of that which all non-believers hate about Chrtistians?
    Is it your position that edifying the Body of Christ is to bash and insult those who dearly not only believe IN our Master but Believe Him?

When someone asks you a question, answer it with dignity and love and not with some idiotic proclamation that the person is a troll or somehow less intelligent than yourself.
    If you can’t BE that which you say you are then keep your fingers off of the keyboard for indeed, there are much finer people on this forum, both Christian and Atheist alike who communicate with more love than you have exhibited thus far.

I have far more letters behind my name and in front of my name than you do but God doesn’t see letters nor IQ but that which you have in your heart and so far all I have seen is less than an example of a good and faithful servant of our Lord.
    When people see us and hear us, others should say I WANT what he or she has but all you have done is further driven a wedge between yourself and someone who might be thinking of wanting to be saved.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Amen! @Bobby Cole

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

For examples of Scriptures that declare that the Lord Jesus Christ will eventually save All humankind through the Blood of His Cross see John 12:32, Romans 5:18,19, 11:32, 1 Timothy 2:4-6, 4:9-11, 1 Corinthians 15:22-28, Philippians 2:9-11 in conjunction with 1 Corinthians 12:3, Colossians 1:20. Colossians 1:20 says that Ta Panta(The All which is the Koine Greek way of saying ''the entire universe'') has been reconciled to Him.[/QUOTE]
    Please do WASTE your time!!
    If you consider leading people to Christ in every way possible is a waste of time ithen you need to find another forum to troll.

Terence Eames likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I am familiar with just about every recognized educational abbreviation there is but somehow Met.D., even after looking for it, does not exist. Please explain and where did you receive your Doctorate and why, if that is a theologically based Doctorate do you not have other degrees to support that?
    II Tim. 2:15 leads me to ask these questions……

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is the topic of this thread, and my answer is that I don't know. Heaven is not well-defined in the Scriptures, and I would suggest that no one knows exactly what to expect. I would not anticipate that there would be no sadness in heaven, only that happiness will outweigh the sadness. A similar question could be formed around the idea that there will be an accounting of our lives. I won't speak for the rest of you but, knowing that I have failed, and even deliberately disobeyed, several times in my life, I can't say that an accounting of my life before God would bring me sheer pleasure. There would have to be shame and regret, so why not sadness?

Terence Eames and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Nathaniel Merritt, this is a discussion forum. No one in this forum should be made to feel that they are not worthy of discussing an issue of interest to them. The Bible was written for everyday Christians, and not solely for scholars. In fact, I would suggest that the greatest abuses of the Word have come from people who believed that they were the only ones who could truly understand what the Bible said. As can be seen in other works of great literature, the Bible supports multiple layers of understanding, but if a deeper level of understanding negates that which came before, I think we're reading it wrong.

11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The short answer; There is nowhere in the Bible that says that God is happy when one of His children is lost but quite the opposite. So, I do imagine one would feel about the same as God feels about it.

12. Terence Eames

Terence Eames Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My God, I love thee; not because
    I hope for heaven thereby,
    Nor yet because who love thee not
    Are lost eternally,

Not with the hope of gaining aught,
    Not seeking a reward:
    But as thyself hast loved me,
    O ever-loving Lord!

E'en so I love thee, and will love,
    And in thy praise will sing,
    Solely because thou art my God,
    and my eternal King.

Latin, 17th century, tr. E. Caswall

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

In heaven, or today on earth in Christ Jesus, yes! "We have the thoughts of Jesus" (when the Father accomplishes this in us)

Terence Eames likes this.
  14. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ken, I don't want to argue an unimportant point, but merely give you reason to believe that heaven may be even better than you anticipate. You inferred that there might be some sadness in heaven, though outweighed by happiness. I hope you're wrong, or my expectations might be too high. I'm counting on John's dream in Revelation 21:4 that says:

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Now, that's the new world and heavens to come, not the interim stage of hades that we all go to awaiting the resurrection and final judgement day. In any case, I expect that those adjectives John used can reasonably be interpreted to mean: no negative emotional feelings. At least I hope so. My standard for paradise would not be a 60/40 or even 90/10 ratio of good to bad; I would expect all good and no bad from our perfect God that's demonstrated his creation abilities.

15. Joan Kuper

Joan Kuper Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It is my understanding we keep getting chances over and over and over and over until we get it right. I am not excited about the idea of reincarnation and coming back to earth, but to me it seems fair and just....still...I hope we go to a different dimension..

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.