How Do You Sleep And What Do You Wear To Bed?

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Lon Tanner, May 19, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I am most comfortable sans bed clothes of any kind and can only sleep on my right side or back.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have to clean my nose mask and change the distilled water in my bipap machine, which I have used for 4 years.
    Before that I had 3 other machines over the last 16 years since I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.

Then I place my earbuds in my ears after taking out my hearing aids. I usually play it from a station, but it also has many music selections I can use if a station is not found that has soothing songs or interesting programs.

If all else fails, I use my noise machine and place it on to white noise. Lately I have also turned on my ceiling fan on the low setting that makes steady faint whirring sound which is soothing to me.

Its not unusual for me to have 3 things going at the same time. Sounds crazy, but I have to have all these things available to use.

Thus, sleeping has become complicated for me, and as a last resort if I can't sleep, I walk the floors. (just like the old song by Earnest Tubb, "I'm walking the floor over you." ) Fortunately, my wife is a heavy sleeper.

3. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I also had sleep apnea but found the machines too constricting and frankly too noisy. They in fact further inhibited my sleep. My only alternative was to have a UPPT .. lazer throat surgery to literally burn away the fatty tissue restricting air flow. It hurt like all hell for four days after but was worth it as my apnea went from acute to minor and has remained so since. I do still suffer insomnia.. my other curse. Have done most of my adult life. Doc says it is mostly stress induced so I try to remain as stress free as possible. My insomnia has reduced in severity over the past decade. When it shows I simply swallow a half Alepam and I have at least five hours of undisturbed sleep. Hugh I also use ear plugs as I hate noise while sleeping. Pity did not use them all those years ago when I had the BiPap machine. I also dislike any lite in my room when falling asleep. So I wear a mask during a full moon.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I sleep with underwear and a night shirt(any old shirt). Occasionally I get chilled during the night so I have a light blanket that I throw on my legs.

5. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I sleep in 100% polyester: Satin bottoms, sleeveless T-shirt, arm warmers.

Most of my life, I bought the whole cotton myth. I thought cotton was so much better for everyone. Then, one night, about two years ago, we tried 100% polyester sheets, bought solely because we liked the pattern on the set, which included a comforter.

In the morning, I woke up nearly sweat-free, an amazing thing for me. Obviously, the sheets were far cooler than the cotton ones we normally used. I then bought polyester sleepwear, and my sweaty nights were gone, for good, after sixty-plus years of enduring the same!

If only my Mom had known, I wouldn't have memories of being woken up, in the middle of the night, at four years old, so she could change my sweat-soaked, cotton PJ's.

One thing I need to write here: There have been great advances in sweat-wicking weaves of polyester, over the last decade, so there's a chance that old polyester would not have given the great results I now get, every night.

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  6. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I wear my drawers.

7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I love this thought here's my explaination, are you ready?

A pair = one for each bun

Drawers because you draw them up.

[​IMG]

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My wife had that for a short time after an operation and I couldn't sleep with all of that racket going on. I would end up moving to the couch.

9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband was diagnosed with sleep apnea and needed one of those machines. He of course slept very well - me not so much.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I sleep in a Sweatshirt and Sweatpants.

During summer, no Sweatshirt...just a T-shirt or shirtless. Sweatpants the year round, otherwise my legs stick together.

Much better than formal Pajamas, with their Lapels, Buttons, Pockets, and all that chegwidden!

I get 8 hours of sleep on Weekdays, and sleep in another hour on Weekends. I also take an hour afternoon Knapp every day.

Harold

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Peter Renfro likes this.
  12. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Other than when I have been sick and slept in pajamas my preference has always been to sleep naked. There have been a few occasions that proved to be a bit embarrassing. Whoops I forgot having to wear a hospital gown for a couple of stays.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I sleep in my underwear, never in the buff. I might sleep fully clothed when camping or some other weird "on a friend's couch" thing. But I haven't worn jammies since I was a kid.

Funny, I know my father slept naked, so my preference is not a familial tradition.

14. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think I got about 3 hours sleep last night, in 20 to 90 minute increments. Left side, right side, belly side, back, nothing was sleep inducing, but in general I tend to sleep on the left side (of course :D). As to what I wear, I ain't tellin'. ;)

15. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sleep?? What is that?

Lon Tanner and Frank Sanoica like this.