How Does History Deal With Slavery?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Lon Tanner, May 6, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Still defensive aren't you Jim. Where bouts in the South did you grow up?

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Still trying to antagonize people aren’t you Lon. Whereabouts did your family own slaves?

I ask again the same as Jim did: How many, if any, of the people of color have you ever lent a FREE hand to in order to ensure their well being in life?

Free Funeral? (helping to defray the costs of burial for black family members)
    Donation to the NAACP?
    Donation to a Negro college fund?
    What……..?
    BLM?

Because you haven’t answered tells me that you’re just hot air like just about every other leftist politician and have done nothing at all which makes you part of the problem.
    Very, very disingenuous of you to even start such a thread.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The question put forth is, how does History deal with slavery?
    History basically is recorded. Sometimes with bias, depending on the historian. The shocking reports are probably from people shocked by what they saw. and the economists maybe reported with less emotion.
    I was steered onto a site on youtube that horrified me. A 94 year old woman recording her experiences in Japanese 'comfort stations' during WWII. She was a 14 year old Korean girl told she was going to a factory to sew uniforms so her family let her go....to be a slave.

I still think how we treated the original occupants of our country was worse than what we did to the Africans brought here, to steal their whole country. WE being the royal we. And now, it looks like it is going to be done to us. Some power that is is taking our money and property from us through inflation/deflation, dividing us to keep us from knowing the truth, ( see officer tatum on youtube). The plan was set in motion despite what we want. How long ago was 'press 1 for english, press 2 for spanish' set up? Long before Trump tried to stop that part of it...

Jim Brown and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Registered

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Oh yes he does and so do I.
    Ya know Lon, the only reason you start crap here is because you can’t get away with it at the home.

On the other hand, maybe you do start stuff at the home and it’s no wonder why the dining room was empty with only you sitting there.

6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

7. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes I am defensive, when someone is belittling others, in an attempt to boost their own EGO. To me a person that feels the need to belittle others, in an attempt to make themselves feel superior, is a very sad person. You stated that you didn't know you were supposed to help blacks, so nothing you have posted on the subject is intended to "HELP" anyone except your own ego. The Democrats and mainstream media, have been doing their best to divide the citizens of this country for the past few years, and you are doing the same thing. Remember, United We Stand Divided We Fall. How about standing up for America, instead of trying to help them destroy it.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm sorry that you were denied a proper education in history, Lon.

9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ya gotta face it Jim, Lon’s a taker not a giver or at least has never indicated he helped anyone much better those of color.
    He’s listed all the places he’s been and all the things he did and how much money he has and even a daily picture of what he has to eat but not once has he written that he ever tried to help someone.

It’s funny but he hasn’t had anything good to say about preachers due to the “practice what you preach” thing but here we have Lon, who preaches and belittles folks but has nothing else to offer but that. In other words, he doesn’t practice what he preaches.

Yvonne Smith and Jim Brown like this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Registered

Is it your version that is proper Ken?

11. Lon Tanner

Registered

How did I belittle others? I can't find where I did. As a hardcore conservative myself, I agree about Democrats and the media which supports them as dividing the country.

12. Ken Anderson

History shouldn't have a version, Lon. Perhaps that's your problem.

Yvonne Smith and Jim Brown like this.
  13. Lon Tanner

Registered

According to you it seems that what I read is wrong and what you read is right.

14. Ken Anderson

I don't know, Lon. I've read a lot of things and I don't believe everything I read. But now that you mention it, unless you are simply trolling your assertion that everyone here (but yourself) is a racist, you seem to have gone to BLM school; but even then, you didn't pay close attention. You are white, therefore, according to BLM, you are racist, and all the virtue-signaling in the world won't change that. Perhaps you should offer your room to a black senior, yet continue paying the bills. Inviting a black person to dinner won't be enough, I'm sure.

15. Lon Tanner

Registered

I never called anyone on this forum a racist and show me a post where I even asserted that. I don't know and don't care who is a racist. I am just trying to understand what makes them racist. If that is trolling. So be it. The several black seniors living here have their own apartments and don't need mine. I can safely say that I am not a racist and people that know me know that to be true. Can you say that about yourself?