How Long Will Covid-19 Be Around

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Bill Boggs, Jan 20, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Regarding DHS' new pronouncement, I figured we need to revisit the Speaker of the House inciting terrorism in the past:

[​IMG]

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There are some questions surrounding the current "epidemic" that is occurring in Shanghai at the moment. No one seems to know for sure whether this is just the government's overreaction to the B4 variant of Omicron or if this is another virus all together that has gotten loose from one of the labs. If you remember there was some of the same doubt at the beginning of the Covid pandemic. Perhaps it will arrive here just in time to declare an emergency at the election and all the "mail-in doubtfulness" will be reinstalled.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There is no doubt in my military mind that a re-enactment of that totally inept system of voting is going to rear it’s ugly head in 2024.
    There’s a definitive reason why the southern border is wide open and it has nothing to do with humanitarianism.
    I do suspect that if the Republican party doesn’t control the House and Senate in November then the 2020 method of voting will be reinstated and a whole bunch of illegals will be casting votes in a Federal Election.

Now, so far as the Covid thing goes I really believe that between the media and those seeking more power, some form of it will always have that issue in their back pocket to use whenever they wish.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

3 quarters of a century for me and I don't really care. Too much political hacking is taking place and less health concerns. I live in fresh air so until it comes seeping thru my window seals I'll continue to do exactly what I do everyday. I have cutback Dr visits because a good place to get sick or infected is.... wait for it.... a Dr's office or large waiting room.

5. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Cool.
    One effective way not to get any of the covid/virus/variants at all
    is
    simply not to watch television or media .

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The news has it that the CDC reported that there has been 1 million or so Americans who have succumbed to Covid and whatever strains that have come down the pike.
    The present occupant of the Oval Office has commanded that flags be flown at half mast which, when viewing the Federal Governments past edicts concerning the virus is at least something that just about everyone can get on board with.

Notice that I’m not trying to downplay the deaths that have actually been a result of the virus but especially during the first year and a half of the pandemic, the CDC was responsible for a lot of misreporting that inflated the numbers dramatically. They turned a blind eye on other tragedies as the reason for a death when Covid was detected. As an example, a person could have a major heart attack but if the Covid virus was detected then that person was reported to have died of Covid and not the heart attack.

Also, last June we have Joe reporting that 120 million Americans died of Covid-19 when he visited Pennsylvania and also reported that 200 million Americans died of Covid-19 at another event he spoke at. Of course, everyone knew that the statements were the products of a brain that has been severely compromised but still, intentional or unintentional, the statement was made by someone who sits in the seat of authority.

So, what is to be believed? The administration of the truth committee has previously come out with so much misinformation that everything spoken by anyone in this present administration has to be taken with a grain of salt until such time that we are fully informed via our own research.

Notably, it is tragic that anyone has died due to a man-made disease and we would do well to fly our flags at half mast since the virus is, after all, the result of a world wide attack from a single laboratory in China.
    But do I believe that we do homage for a MILLION Americans the CDC reported to have succumbed to Covid? In short…..nope.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

As I have said before, accurate figures on Covid infections and deaths are not possible in the U.S., as the numbers are always skewed in favor of Covid and ignoring other issues due to the way we report illness. Prior to Covid, the disease reporting mechanism was, I think, pretty good, but when we started rewarding doctors and hospitals for Covid-related illness, the entire system was corrupted. We will have to rely on numbers obtained from more reliable sources, such as the UK and Israel and others, to see how lethal the virus really was/is.

John Brunner and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

All these deaths, yet Dr. Fauci is still at large.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

How long? Forever! I wear my N95 or P100, a surgical mask over that, and then a cloth mask over both. No big deal, since I've been wearing that set up since long before Covid, when cutting in the trees. In 100°+ weather it's challenging, but I make it work, for me.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Add a few strips of duct tape over the lot of that, and I think you'll be safe.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Trevalius Guyus

Registered

Lol! In truth, my rig conforms pretty well to my face. I have switched to vent valve N95's, for the hot weather, because no matter how much anti-fog I use, I still have problems. It's not good to see things through a fog when you're gunning your climbing saw six inches from your face!

Ken Anderson and John Brunner like this.
  12. Trevalius Guyus

Registered

Of course I could use this get up, but Janet says I'd be arrested for being a whack job or a terrorist!

I really like the color of my P100's. 20210727_183314.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    John Brunner likes this.
  13. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Forever, FDA wants it alive forever. I wear no mask but I'm not out a lot
    and do keep my immune system strong.

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I noticed my neighbor's car parked in his driveway during the day for over a week...he still works...so I called and found out that he & his wife both have "COVID." He is my age (68) and she is a few years younger. As of tomorrow, he'll have been sick for 2 weeks (since late on Thursday the 7th.) She showed symptoms the following Sunday. They both had a temperature of 103°F for what sounds like an extended period of time ("I never thought it was going to go down"), as well as a deep chest cough. She also experienced nausea.

They both got vaxed when this stuff first hit. Their doctor told them "It's a good thing you got vaxed early on...it definitely helped." Their doctor said nothing regarding what strain of COVID it is. I asked if they were prescribed anything, she said they were taking cough syrup...I don't know if it was a script or OTC. Other than that, they were sent home and told to ride it out. He went to the doctor yesterday and tested negative (I don't know what kind of test it was), so he's going back to work tomorrow.

So that's 3 people I know who have recently caught this thing (a 22 year old and a couple in their 60s.) All 3 of them are vaxed & boosted...I don't know if it helped/made things worse/made no difference. My neighbor manages a small transfer station for a nationwide waste removal/recycling/environmental services company. Four people work there...they split their time between unloading trucks & operating skid loaders, and then hanging out together in the office until the next truck comes in. I did not ask if anyone else at work got sick. His twin brother works there and I know he is not sick.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

So far everyone I know who has gotten Covid recently have been vaxxed and boosted. I can't believed they are helped by the vax they originally got. Coronaviruses mutate so much it is impossible to stay ahead of them unless you can find a "nonvariable" part of the virus against which to make the virus. I haven't been following the vaccine manufacture, but the last I heard, they were still concentrating on the spike proteins...that apparently DO mutate.

John Brunner likes this.