How Much of Your Purchases Are Made Online?

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by John Donovan, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Other than grocery, most of our purchases are online.,

Krystal Shay likes this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Your clean shave day after day?

4. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Same.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes. Truthfully I’ve never posted a picture from my phone and I’m not having sny luck. I normally post pictures when I’m on computer

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I rarely even visit a website with my phone. Directly from the phone (without resizing), the photo would probably be too big to be uploaded.

Al Amoling likes this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Registered

I am about half way through with it. I am not entirely comfortable with the info. It seems the subjects have all been crossed over and are re-incarnated. This author has been hypnotizing and studying people for decades. They tell what it is like on the other side and everyone gets there. There is some info on what happens to the especially 'bad' too. I have my own ideas of what happens after death and, to tell the truth, I don't look forward to getting re-incarnated over and over.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I read the reviews and was not sold. What you just said comports with the opinion of others.

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

So far, only as a last resort. If I can't find something easily locally. Sometimes if it's a replacement of something I've had before, so there's no doubt about it.

That may change. More and more stores are not stocking things. Can't say I blame them. Why take the chance of stocking stuff no one wants.

10. Reen Davis

Reen Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

For as long as I can remember I always swore I'd never shop online.
    My Asda delivery arrived today and I have a delivery from Wilko tomorrow !
    Well, they do say 'never say never' and sometimes one's situation changes so you have to adapt to a different way of life.
    I moved to my present home just over a year ago from a town where I lived 5 mins walk from the shopping center.
    Now it's a bus ride and shopping is not so easy.

Online shopping has it's drawbacks but overall it has actually worked out better than I expected. One of the upsides
    is that I could get what I needed without having to go out and brave the freezing temperatures we had every day
    for the past week and haven't had to deal with crowded stores of Christmas shoppers.:)

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Welcome to our little family here, @Reen Davis. There was a time when I preferred to shop in the store, as well, and in many cases I still do. However, between the former mask requirements, having to pay for grocery bags, and empty shelves, I have moved a lot toward shopping online. I once felt strongly about supporting local businesses, as well, but it's not as if these local businesses are supporting me. So, I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and wait for the packages to arrive.

Reen Davis likes this.
  12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Welcome to the forum!! We like to guide folks to the Introduction area to let us know they have arrived and a little abut themselves, and to browse that area if they choose to learn a little about us. It's totally voluntary...totally.

Regarding shopping online: I used to like going through the Sunday ads, comparing prices and making my lists. But those one-off buys were a pain in the butt. You usually had to drive around from store-to-store, and while I do enjoy the hunt, in congested areas it's a major ordeal. These days I open a spreadsheet and take notes as I browse, then place my order. The only downside is I'm used to paying cash, and I don't like having my every purchase documented.

Reen Davis and Mary Stetler like this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Registered

I agree with you. So easy to click on the computer and, like magic, your desires are on your front stoop. No cold or crowds.
    Welcome to the board.

Reen Davis likes this.
  14. Reen Davis

Reen Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thank you for the welcomes :)

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Welcome to the forum , @Reen Davis ! I agree with you that online shopping definitely has its benefits, and if you have to shop by taking a bus, that would make it much harder because you can’t even buy very much at one time.
    I think that just about everywhere here in the US has been having some pretty cold temperatures (and some places having a lot of snow), and we are still due for more before Christmas.
    I live in Alabama where we do not get much snow, thankfully . What area are you located in ? Snow or just cold ?