Humor For July 4th

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Sam Calabria, Jul 4, 2023.

1. Sam Calabria

Sam Calabria Well-Known Member
    Registered

Happy Fourth of July!

from President Gerald Ford's book "Humor and the Presidency"

Abraham Lincoln, to Stephen Douglas during the debates:“Sir, your argument is as thin as the homeopathic soup made from the shadow of a pigeon that starved to death.”

++++

President Calvin Coolidge was also known as “Silent Cal” because he spoke very very very few words. At a party, a guest made a bet for $1000, that one of them could get President Coolidge to say just three words. During the party he tried. He failed. He tried again. He failed again. The evening was coming to a close and he was desperate. He went right up to President Coolidge and said, “I have a bet that I can get you to say three words.”Coolidge looked him in the eye and said, “You lose…”I think this anecdote might also be from President Gerald Ford's book but I am not sure.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?" - -Abraham Lincoln

When they call the roll in the Senate, the senators do not know whether to answer ‘present’ or ‘not guilty.'”- -Teddy Roosevelt

Don Alaska and Shirley Martin like this.
  3. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hunter, who is on probation for drug offenses, accidentally left his bag of cocaine in the White House library and it was found by the Secret Service. We can celebrate our two-tier justice system where some are immune form prosecution because of who they are related to.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Ulysses S. Grant once said “I only know two tunes, one of them is ‘Yankee Doodle’ the other isn’t.

Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the National Debt,” said President Hoover.

When Eleanor Roosevelt left the White House to visit a penitentiary, President Franklin D. Roosevelt asked where she was. She’s gone to “prison,” he was told. Clever chap that he was, President Roosevelt replied, “I’m not surprised. But what for?

After Carter was out of office, he said “My esteem in this country has gone up substantially. It is very nice now when people wave at me, they use all their fingers.

Mary Stetler likes this.