Husband And Wife Relationships

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My first wife and I, back in the mid 70's, were making plans on moving back to northeastern Indiana. The vehicle I had at the time definitely wouldn't have made it back there, so her parents gave us one of theirs. Unfortunately, her parents decided they didn't want her to live with a former high school farmer and convinced her of that. So, we didn't move.

We did wind up getting married in local county courthouse, but less than a year later, that was annulled. After that, we seen each other once in a while and somewhere along that direction, she got pregnant. We married again at some wedding chapel outside of Vegas. The marriage lasted a little over a year and she got "cold feet" and left me. Had already met someone else. This time it was a full divorce. I was extremely happy it was over and she was with someone she really wanted to be with.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So what happened to your child?

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Now there is a good example of a bad idea.:D Beth we all make mistakes and apology's are in order or there goes the peace.

Dwight Ward and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Registered

Did you try the dating thing? My daughter's friend is 57 and she is going to one and likes it so far although no takers. But at least it gets her use to communicating in a relationship type of things.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Maybe legal documentation was needed for assets and family members going after them.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

If one of you passes then viola, possible family feud from in-laws and outlaws.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

6 homeschooled kids, Don that is great.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Heck, I fought that when my older [single] brother died and when my [full will & testament] mother died.

An older sister wanted to "vote" on how to split my brother's life insurance proceeds because she was not listed as a beneficiary. I was not very nice to her.

An unemployed younger brother was squatting in my mother's rental property and expected that we'd just give it to him outside of the terms of the will. I was not very nice to him, either.

Documentation (and the lack thereof) is often meaningless, as are the words you find on a genealogical chart.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I forgot about this thread, going thru it again is interesting.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You need to re-read the exchange between Dwight and me. My advice was to not apologize for being the person you are. I totally agree that many times apologies are necessary, but not in this case.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I understand that but legal documents like license do help in case of marriage. And of course, a will.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Beth with us disagreements happen more so than before so admitting wrong is a good idea since we are together all the time. Plus I was halfway kidding with ya. What number is the post you want me to read?

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Isn't there a verse in the Bible that says something like " it is better to ask a stranger far away than the brother nest door" or something like that? Sometimes the family will be the first to sock it to you.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Forgot about your question and where you asked it, but found it and will answer the best way I can.

I had a long thing written about our relationship, but decided to delete it and simply say this:

My daughter has had numerous problems (mental) in her life. For a long time she didn't get along with her mother or her grandmother. She also had a baby, 20 some years ago, with a guy that done some physical abuse to her, left him, but went back to him.

As for wife and I, we have decided not to have anything to do with her and pretty much feel that she has the same feelings about us. So, both her and us are in good shape, being that we have nothing to do with each other.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think you’re referring to Proverbs 27:10….
    Do not forsake your friend or a friend of your family, and do not go to your relative’s house when disaster strikes you— better a neighbor nearby than a relative far away.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.