I’m Mad As Hell And I’m Not Going To Take It Anymore!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Actually, the thread is about speeches that were made not by speech writers, but by script writers which is why I’m not sure where the thread goes.

Many of them were and are political in nature and many are pump-up speeches such as a coach would tell their players during half time. Some good, some not so good and some of them will last for an eternity because they say something we can all relate to.

My example is probably one of the most iconic speeches made for a movie even though there are a couple of words I wouldn’t dare say even in my most stressed time.
    Still, I can find no better speech especially during this 2021 era of idiocy going on in the United States.

And now, for your watching, listening and adrenaline pumping pleasure I do humbly submit this piece.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Great scene. However, you know, don't you, that being constantly outraged compromises one's immune system. :( ;)

John Nopales and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Not counting the fact that one who is Constantly enraged probably needs a shrink but one who keeps his or her frustrations locked up will eventually be looking for some help too.
    That said, letting off some steam once in a while is healthy and initiates a lot of good chemical reactions including a good dose of serotonin.

Anyway, I probably wasn’t very clear in the OP but that clip is one of my favorites but I’m sure others have their favorites too.
    If ya don’t want to post a video of a small clip with a comment then ya’ll can write the words and where it came from.
    It doesn’t have to be about any particular genre but one that stands out as a favorite.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

What is so ironic is the stint that George Carlin made famous, the 7 words that can’t be said over social media, are now common place in just about all forms of media whilst the word picnic is erroneously accredited for an action held only during lynchings.

And no, although the George Carlin stint might be entertaining and might even perhaps fit as being one of many a person’s favorite pieces of audio history, I wouldn’t nor couldn’t even think about posting it.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Well Done!!
    I might just try to find that entire movie Nancy and watch it again for the 4th or 5th time! Another of my all time favorite speeches!

Sunny Bonet likes this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Red Skelton was a comedian and when we watched him on TV we expected comedy and not one of the greatest monologues concerning the Pledge of Allegiance I’ve ever heard.
    I know I’ve posted this before about 2 or 3 years ago but hey, it fits the thread in more ways than one.

I didn’t intend for the thread to be about angry things even though the title of the thread might indicate that. But still, after listening once again to Red’s Pledge of Allegiance it does give me pause to think how many people either do not know the pledge or believe it to be out dated and defunct.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

And here is another great interpretation of our Pledge of Allegiance.

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I am so friggen mad /i could S^&t a gold brick! A rarity anymore i was watching the news. They were discussing insulin and costs. Th term used was diabetics. Gayle King said before they went on air were told not to use that term it is offensive ! They should say people with diabetes. That pissed me off and turned off the news..now I know why i do not watch.
    Before that this House votes to remove statues of white supremacists from US Capitol | US Congress | The Guardian
    I am moving in with @Martin Alonzo !!

11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

There is room here everyone is welcome

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It is said that depression is brought on by justified anger not resolved or expressed. Keeping in the rage makes you depressed. The removal of "Statues of Whites Supremacists" does not include Robert Byrd's statue. I guess an officer in the KKK is not a white supremacist but Abraham Lincoln is....

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Trust me I am not depressed - just hacked off at stupidity:)

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Supposedly, venting helps ward off the depression. I, too, am ticked off at the stupidity.

15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

My brother is down there a lot. But I think I would rather stay with you too.:rolleyes:

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.