I Just Got Robbed, Billfold Lifted At Grocery

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We have to go to the drug store so yall wish us luck. Hubby is ordering a concealed carry holster because the one he has is ok for winter but not for t=shirts or summer dress. we never had to worry about a trip to the store or station. Of course, we wouldn't have needed it yesterday, but it did give reason to prepare. So sad we live in this type of society now. I know crime has always been around but not like today. Maybe Chicago with the Mafia early 1900s, but not so widespread, and some honor around crooks,if there is such a thing.

Jake Smith likes this.
  2. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

Marie...i am just so glad that an angel was around to make sure you got your wallet back...hugs

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks Teresa and so was I. I just went to another grocery store to finish shopping and saw a old woman like myself with her pocketbook in her buggy, I went up to her and told her to be careful that my wallet got taken yesterday, didn't say anything else, she looked cautious when I approached her, so she is at least on guard. When I walked away she yelled out 'thank you'. I didn't go into any of the story.

4. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

so if i'm nice to someone in the store i might be a thief?

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll have to keep an eye on you, Marci!! :D:D:D:p

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I stopped carrying a purse in my 20's. Not because of theft but I would set them down and forget them. I always carried my wallet on me and now I have little need for makeup and I carry a mane comb in my back pocket for grooming.
    I have recently bought vests with zippered pockets inside and outside for traveling. All different sizes for tickets, wallets, phones, tuna sandwiches...;)

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I hope not.

Jake Smith and Marci Miller like this.
  8. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Those four women were coming right up on us blocking us, with mostly empty buggies, and directing our attention away from Marie's purse until they grabbed it out and slipped off. Lucky Marie raised hell and said call the law or it wouldn't have shown back up at the service desk. So be leery of anyone doing that to you when you are out shopping. :(

Marie Mallery likes this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to hold rummage and estate sales and groups of women would do that there too. It seemed they were mostly hispanic. The white theives would just pick stuff up when you weren't looking. Not so much flourish.

Jake Smith likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

We already have a very generous legal immigration system but when they come in illegally, they seem to be less trustworthy.

11. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We had some people steal from us at a flea market, one time I had new knives on the counter and the young girl bought something, but stole one of the knives. I couldn't believe those young teens would steal like that.

Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.