If You Were To Lose Your Wallet Or Purse, Do You Think You'd Get It Back?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Ken Anderson, May 24, 2023.

?

If you were to lose your wallet (or purse) in your town, do you think it would be returned intact?

1. 1 (definately not)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. 4

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. 5

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10 (definitely so)

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe John's watch has cellular and is not tethered to his phone like mine. My watch and phone must remain in close proximity for all the features to work because my watch does not have cellular. Just a thought.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Mine is cellular, too. I am not sure if that makes a difference for the alert to work or not. It looks like all it has to do is show up on the Find My app to be able to activate it.
    It might just make a difference for making calls, but not the alert.
    When we go to the fitness center, I always take my phone along in my gym bag, because the tracking comes from my phone and not the watch.
    One time, Robin was in a minor panic because my tracker showed that I was home (alone) and I was not answering my phone.
    In reality, I was swimming and Bobby was exercising, but because he had his phone and I didn’t , it looked to her like he was at the gym and i was home.
    Finally, she called Bobby, and he explained that i was there and swimming, so not getting phone calls.

Anyway, sometimes my watch alert goes off when I leave the phone in the locker, and sometimes, it does not go off. I do not know what makes the difference, because I am doing the exact same thing.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

my phone will not be in it.. and no cash, no money in bank to speak of and one credit card. Will all be frozen accts..

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

My experience: It was the first Christmas after losing my husband and I was emotionally low. I wasn't in the mood for Christmas but the grandkids and the rest of my family needed to have a good Christmas. I had pulled myself together and had gone to Walmart to buy toys for the kids. It was chilly and raining and an altogether miserable day.

I trundled my cart to my car and unloaded bags into the trunk. Then I headed for the grocery store down the road. When I got there, I realized my purse wasn't on the seat beside me. Oh, well, I probably left it in the trunk. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the trunk either.

I hightailed it back to Walmart and drove to the part of the parking lot where I had been parked. I looked around and no carts had my purse in them. I ran inside to customer service to see if anyone had turned it in. No purse there. I was crushed. The lost money (I had about $200 in my purse) was bad enough, but not that big a problem, but, oh, my driver's license, my insurance cards, my social security card, my charge and debit cards, photos, MY ADDRESS BOOK!!! All that stuff to have to be replaced! And, of course, whoever had it had my address, so I had THAT to worry about.

I decided to walk up and down the aisles to see if anyone had thrown it out of a car. Nothing. Then I got to the end of an aisle and there were a bunch of carts pushed together, waiting for someone to push them inside. In a cart in the middle of the cart scrum was something black. I tore carts away and THERE WAS MY PURSE! Soggy, but everything was in it...money, cards, address book, etc. It had been sitting there for at least 20-30 minutes at that point.

After I went back to my car and had a good cry, I pulled my slightly soggy checkbook out, wrote a $100 check to the Salvation Army and walked up to put it in the bellringer's kettle. I probably should have given them a thousand. I was emotionally drained, but for some reason, I felt better than I had in days. The Christmas spirit was back. I felt blessed.

I think I was saved by it being a dreary, rainy day. People were more focused on getting into and out of the store than looking around at their surroundings.

I've never lost my purse since then.