Ignore The News?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Marie Mallery, May 21, 2022.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@James Hintze - two ? nooo, she just needs to retire and go very far away.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I stopped watching TV news when COVID hit. I miss the local stuff and the local sports, but I got sick of it all.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I rarely watch TV news. I find that I become sad watching all the horrible happenings. I can't help or change things so why watch?

Plus, most of the TV news dealing with politics is biased, distorted, or outright lies. Which raises my blood pressure.:) I look at Fox news online maybe once a day to read a few articles. That's enough for me.

4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for your reply James,
    I also remember what Solomon said about 'much' knowledge aka wisdom 'brings great sorrow'. You said, " I might also mention that I've read the Bible from front to end more than once, and am quite familiar with the history of both major orientations of Christianity.[/QUOTE] ". I too studied a lot of scripture, at times got more question's than answers. I still believe in God.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Hedi, a really good idea as I've had panic attacks from late night news.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks, yall for comments, it lets me know that I'm not the only one who feels this way, even if in a more radical way.:oops:

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yup.

There is no good reason to show those us a warehouse fire in some town across the country. It's ridiculous.

They say "If it bleeds, it leads," but now that we have a choice (the internet) more of us are tuning out. So the bloody stuff obviously does not sell. Besides, it's not as though we know what's gonna be on before we tune in, so how can they tell what motivates us to tune in other than a desire to be informed?

Many of the viewers they have enjoyed have solely been due to lack of choice.

8. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ditto on the hardcore to news, yesterday when this latest massacre happened I purposely turned off FOX cable because I knew what was about to begin. It took just about two hours when the half wit stepped off AF1 the gun control BS started. At this time the nation has the largest population of sick people on the planet and when I look at these politicians telling their followers to get into our face it just absolutely makes me rabid to see them break every law in our constitution and get away with it. We have few actual teachers and more political hacks which have started teaching our youth to be what we see today. I said it for over 60 years, the 2nd amendment is not about a persons right to own a gun to shoot a rabbit or a deer. It is and was written to give every American citizen that chooses to uphold the right to own a gun to protect himself and family from our own tyrannical government. No other reason, and every time I hear someone like this thief and liar biden I truly understand why the forefathers took so much time to craft the laws that all elected federal people should be upholding, not attempting to rule this nation. We will never be ruled by the likes of what we have today. They will continue to cry about the 2nd amendment but the real killer is these politicians who use it as a tool to commit tyranny against we the people. The sooner this large bunch of tyrants are retired and gone the sooner this nation will begin to heal itself. I never ever thought it would be so bad due to a handful of criminals in our congress and senate. Surely there are better than what we see today. Now I need to stop writing and turn off this non stop pandering on the news. One final thought, who is going to protect ourselves and our families if we allow these criminals to completely take over, it has already started in the big cities all over the east and west coast due to ignorance and political criminals. Yesterday was the act of 1 sick individual and there are hundreds of thousands of him still out there. If it wasn't a gun it would be a bomb or bow and arrow, their rationale is "well if that is so the count would be smaller". Now I think I will have my coffee and let my BP settle.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I listen to ONLY conservative, non liberal/left news, but often the news is interrupted by program commentators telling the people how good everything is. Where is it Good????? I'd like to know.

I hear of more and more banks having issues, inflation sky high, highest in over 4 decades, job losses galore, my grocery purchases have doubled and I buy less and less....

So am I missing something?????

10. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don’t know. I find these times very worrying. I think anyone who isn’t concerned must not be paying attention.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

The ones I listen to now for the last few years talk about the Libs and the constant Lies Lies Lies.....CA ,my resident state for 57 yrs is HORRID and my city that was a great great beach tourist business town, now more a ghost town....businesses closing constantly.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’m in Maryland and watching things change here. Our county sheriff’s dept. is holding back the floodgates of crime almost by themselves.

Those Lies we all hear, they need to be called out for what they are. They’re not just plain old lies, they are propaganda in every sense of the word.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Joy Martin

Registered

And what continues to be pushed "put Trump in prison"... The Libs fear fear fear him so much they are trying it all.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Needed immediately is for all illegal immigration halted and returned, even those that have been on the dole for the past two years, send them home. That alone will allow some honest elections to take place again, until all this vote buying using our tax dollars is stopped there is nothing to look forward to except civil war in a very near future. Our elected has gone full bore seditious trying to use our tax dollars to buy power in a foreign vote from someone who hates us but loves our tax dollars. Why should I like or love any of those people, none have ever done anything, never helped fight any world war we've fought etc. Let them be returned home or put them on a tramp steamer with just enough wood for their safe trip home. These people are not our friends and you can bet soon as they get a chance to vote they will vote for these seditious slobs in congress who took what is ours and gave it to them, now if that isn't enough to fight a war I don't know what is. I really hate these crooks lingering around in the halls of congress. It is a dog and pony show each and everyday and nothing done but a bunch of BS talk. NOTHING IS DONE !

Thomas Windom likes this.
  15. Joy Martin

Registered

Marie Mallery likes this.