Infant Kitten

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Thomas Stillhere, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Good idea .

2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This morning I had to drive 4 miles to the next little town that I buy my monthly meds. A little country town with one main street and pretty quiet and not a lot of traffic. I take a back street that exits at a half a block from the drugstore. On my way home coming that back rd there was a little van in front of me that had stopped and made a slight right turn so I thought it was turning into the driveway. It then slowly made a wide left turn and then I noticed there was some type of animal in the road and it looked like a deformed animal of some type but I drove up closer real slow and it was a poor cat with a little pink collar that had a soup can on it's head and it was staring straight up. I stopped and walked up to the cat and had to pull pretty hard to get the can off, it would have been almost impossible for it to remove that can. When I pulled it off the cat just sat there a moment and I had to give it a little bump to wake it up, it finally crossed the street and hopefully finds itself at home.

My three kittens here are all eating solid food and using the nice litter box I made using craw fish cardboard trays for boils. It is high enough to keep the litter in and large but just a few minutes ago the 3 kittens were in the box all together, two were trying to use it and the third was just being a pest and bothering the other two. Looked for a cat bed at the dollar store but there was nothing. I was in a hurry to get home my knees are so bad I can hardly make it. I topped off my truck engine oil this morning before I left and forgot to put the cap on the valve cover. A typical day for me.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Hubby and I know what you mean Thomas. Getting old sure isn't for sissies,lol. Being old even more so.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

2 of my 3 mess makers, the 3rd "snuggie" was under the pile. They eat early and then take a nap until lunch.

IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0013.jpg

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Here at the farm supply store they have tiny baby bottles and canned formulas for such a situation. You can also get bottles, nipples and 'milk replacer' for calves and goats and other larger animals although they are getting pricey. Glad I kept mine.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Oh my, how sweet and beautiful. I miss cats so much!