Insanely Stupid Tv Shows

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First one that hits my mind is Farmer Wants A Wife. First, very, very seldom will any farmer wear a cowboy hat. Next, what these young guys are doing is ranch work, not farm work. Roping cattle is never done on a farm, that I've seen anyway. And, the young ladies on this show, well, I won't even go there. IOW, ridiculous! We started watching this show once, laughed and changed the channel.

Second one is, Wife Swap. We have watched his before and it gets hilarious as well. Two wives swap families and there is definitely arguing done. It could be a "big city" wife going to a farm or ranch or visa-versa.

Then, all of these Housewives of (whatever city). To us they all look like a bunch of Hookers! Makeup, makeup and more makeup.

Then, there is also Naked And Afraid. Won't even tell you folks what we think of that show and we've only seen the advertisements for it.

Thoughts?

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Americans apparently are willing to watch anything @Cody Fousnaugh. I have commented on "A Farmer Wants a Wife Myself" I told my wife that women not raised in the farm/ranch culture have no idea what they would be getting into with farm life. Most of Hollywood combines farms with ranches, and there can be a crossover, as many farms have large livestock herds and many ranches do farming to feed the livestock over winter. I don't see the problem with that. I have also known farmers to wear cowboy hats. Midwest farmers usually don't but wheat farmers in Oklahoma have been known to do so. Heck, even lawyers and bankers in Texas wear cowboy hats and even boots. We have Western stores up here and even have rodeos.

Wife swap and the Housewives shows are just garbage that allows people to watch stuff that is mostly scripted but appears "real".

"Naked and Afraid" is something I think I have seen perhaps once, but it was two stupid people trying to survive and complain about why they were so stupid to volunteer for the show and how stupid and inept their partner is.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

TV gets stupider and stupider all the time. I wonder how long it will be before "The Running Man" comes on?

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I do know that people get paid for going on these shows.

As far as farmer wearing cowboy hats, not in all farming areas does that happen. Definitely didn't see in the part of Indiana that I grew up in. Wife and I were in that part of Indiana in 2008 and never seen one.

Don, I don't know which state you live in, but I've never seen a PRCA contestant from Alaska. However, the Association does have many from Canada. The Calgary Stampede is a huge PRCA rodeo and pays out a huge purse.

Everything about rodeo, farming, and even ranching that I know about, I told my wife about. She had always, even way before meeting me, been interested in rodeo, farming and even ranching, but had never met someone, until me, that would explain any/all to her. It took her a very, very short time to know/understand about rodeo. Rules, contestants and most everything else. Surprised the crap out of me, but I love it.

But, as far as these awful tv shows, all I can think of to say is............."give me a break!!".

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Give yourself a break, Cody. The TV has an on and off button.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Crap like Cody is talking about - we would not bother to even check it out.

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Doesn't the title "Naked and Afraid" pique your curiosity? :rolleyes: The stupid thing is on the Discovery Channel. I remember when you could watch some great shows on that network.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Were a PRCA cowboy? Are they the only people entitled to wear the "crown" of a Stetson? I guess only PRCA rodeos count. I specifically mentioned that Midwest farmers didn't often wear cowboy hats; the environment in which they operate is different. Pig farmers don't need cowboy hats.

Oh, and by the way, Alaska is only one state.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, "were a PRCA cowboy". I gave up the horse and tack 26 years ago, but still kept my membership and worked in the arena for Stock Contractors.

As far as a Stetson goes, most "rodeo" types either wear a hat from American Hat Company or a Resistol.

Now, back to the "stupid and idiotic tv shows".

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We know, but it so much fun to complain about things at our age. Is it not?

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I / used to enjoy watching “ real people” on big brother but latter years they’ve had all young.

“Would be if they could be “…… trying to make a name for them self …..the show was simply not worth watching ,it was more exciting watching paint dry than BB :(:(

Now it’s been announced the show has hit the chopping board cause of the worst ratings in its history ……DAH …and they can’t understand
    why ……….you don’t need Rhodes Scholarship to work that out .
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...recorded-worst-ratings-franchise-history.html

12. Kate Ellery

Registered

Next on the chopping board without doubt will be …married at first sight ….all the plastic people are being replaced by ….SUPER plastic models …….I suppose they bring in votes for the TV station on who’s watching what .

Are these would be actors looking for genuine love / championship?? I very munch doubt it …they are looking at furthering their careers in selling Sex or plastic body spare parts or hoping to get a role in the boring 7 pm soapy home and away

I’d personally rate both shows as 000 as far as entertainment value

Copied ******
    People also

Are there paid actors on Married At First Sight Australia?

Some cast members on Married At First Sight are allegedly paid actors, hired to fulfill specific roles and create storylines for entertainment purposes.1 Nov 2023

John Brunner and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

As I have said many times on here..we watch 95 percent British, Australian, and Canadian tv- way better

14. Kate Ellery

Registered

Back in old old days I loved ..the the British comedy George and Mildred ..OMG she would be thrown to the lions now days, for speaking to George like that
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073995/

Same…. with some mothers do have them …

15. Kate Ellery

Registered

George and Mildred