Is Everybody Gone?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Silvia Benoit, Apr 18, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yup.

Twelve Stomp Meetings

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Forum Anonymous?

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi, my name is Faye, I know I have the right to remain silent to posts I find taunting and confrontational, I just don't have the ability. :D

4. Mary Stetler

Registered

Everyone not here, raise your hand.

5. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Has anybody heard from Hal? His profile info says he hasn't been here since last December.

similar with Frank S. Is he still here?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

His profile says Last Seen Monday at 12:32 AM. I did notice him being on line recently.

You may be looking at something else, Joanna. He might have a different (legacy) profile that did not get deleted...he was struggling to reconnect after he moved.

Yvonne Smith and Joanna Newton like this.
  8. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oh, ok. thanks for the info!

John Brunner likes this.
  9. John Brunner

Yeh, Hal has 3-4 profiles. I hope it's a technology issue and not some Sybil thing going on with him ;)

I think Frank S. has been having health issues. Faye heard from him last January or February after he initially dropped out of sight. Her most recent comment here. It's depressing.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Hal has, I think, three profiles. I was having trouble getting him logged back onto his original one, which is what I would prefer. It's not a problem on this end but, for whatever reason, he couldn't get the correct username/password combination and was, instead, creating new accounts, so I told him to go ahead and use the most recent one since he could log into it, as long as he wasn't using more than one of them. It's not a change in policy or even a special favor. Although he hasn't been participating as much as he used to, I thought he enjoyed being here and couldn't think of another way to allow him to be back with us.

11. Ken Anderson

I have been sick for the past week. Although I haven't seen a doctor, I've had a high level of mucus production with the accompanying sore throat, a headache, and a general feeling of blah. The past few days, I wake up feeling okay but then it gets worse throughout the day. Because of this, I've been sleeping a lot and, because I'm sleeping a lot, I have been spending most of the wake time working because I still need to get my hours in. As you know, I have still been dipping into the forum off and on every day, but I haven't been starting very many threads or replying to a lot of stuff.

The reason this is in this thread is that I've noticed that the forum looks very slow when I do this, not because it's really slow, but because, as I am not active in threads, the forum software quits notifying me that there are new posts in those threads. So when I come into the forum, I see only a few new posts in my alerts. At first, I was thinking, "Gee, can't these people keep a forum moving without me? Why do I have to think of all the topics?"

Then, when I click on New Posts, I can see that there are plenty of new posts. As I drop off from threads and am not added to new ones, there are only a few alerts so it looks slow.

That said, the forum might be slightly down from a few months ago because it's usually down a little bit once the weather starts looking a little better, and people venture outside.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you feel better soon, Ken. Brunner and I will keep up the drivel, have no fear. :D

13. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agree. There is no better way to test the validity of one’s beliefs than factual discussions with someone of opposing views. The problem is that emotions get stirred and it too often veers away from a fact based discussion. Debate, void of dialectics, produces nothing useful.

edit: …sigh… did it again, posted a reply to ancient text. Apologies.

14. Mary Stetler

Registered

That's ok lots of us have not been here that long and need reminders or new additives.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

I am feeling a bit better, finally. After the congestion and the sore throat went away, I was left with eye pain, so I spent a large part of my time with my eyes closed, and I learned that there's not much to do when your eyes are closed other than sleep or listen to podcasts. Since I fell asleep very early last night, I got up at the insane hour of about 4:30 this morning. Now that I'm feeling better, my wife is going to have me running around the country spending money, as she wants us to go to Bangor today and there's no reason to go to Bangor unless there's money to be spent.