Islam In Our Schools

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Gary Ridenour, May 6, 2017.

1. The catch, though: http://www.snopes.com/supreme-court-islam-schools/

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. I don't think who owns/operates a site is relevant- what's relevant is whether an article is fact or fiction.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think the court was scheduled to hear such a case.

5. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I do since they research it and post it

6. Ken Anderson

It is relevant. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's right or wrong, but it is relevant. When I know that someone has lied to me, or that he has a habit of obfuscating the truth, any information that he might give me may still be true, but I am less inclined to believe it, at least not without independent substantiation.

In this case, I do believe this was fake news. The Supreme Court was not scheduled to hear such a case, as far as I am aware, or can find, and the wording of the comments attributed to Justice Gorsuch do not sound like something that he would have included in an actual ruling. But I wouldn't discount something just because Snopes says it's false.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  7. That's what I meant. I guess I should have said 'the' site, not 'a' site. Snopes isn't known for dishonesty, or having some kind of 'agenda'- their purpose is to get the facts out, and it shouldn't matter whether they're considered 'liberal' or not.
    And, kinda like I mentioned awhile back, it seems to be a trend- using words 'liberal' or 'conservative' to mean nothing more than whatever individuals disagree with.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Actually, they are known for that. On political questions, they routinely state the fact that some Democrat denies something as proof that it did not occur, but they do not do that when a conservative refutes something. That is bias. On most questions, I find them to be fairly accurate, and even on political questions, once I read their reasoning, the bias becomes clear and I can discount rulings that are based on liberal bias.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

You won't get a Muslim to accept that another practicing a different version of Islam than there's is a 'true' Muslim, nor is a 'moderate. So if it's practiced in a school which is it? Sunni- Shiite or one of the other numerous sects claiming to be Muslims?

One thing it seems as a constant, if any is allowed in school, the girls will be at the back.

10. Billie Lane

Billie Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm very saddened by this.
    As a Brit , I am reminded of the Thatcher years ,and for the record , i despised Thatcher .
    However, during this period, there was an attempt by a corrupt political group called Militant Tendency who infiltrated the London school system and attempted to enforce similar " re-education " mainly aimed at the youngest school children.
    That is the way of bullies, you can't intimidate the adults, so brainwash the children.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Canada just pass a law saying you can not comment on this religion