It's Time To Buy Another Roll Of Stamps

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Bill Boggs, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to go to the post office for a book of stamps like everyone else, but last time I order them online and there here was a small handling fee. It surprised me though that it took a week to get them. It isn't handled by the local office but by a central facility out west.

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't have delivery at the house because my box kept being destroyed by snow plodwsand other assorted people. Is when I get my mail from my PO Box I just buy more stamps when I need them which is not that often.

3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

All stamps are now "forever" stamps. The printed value will remain valid forever. Stock up on as many as you can afford.
    I guess it probably depends on your situation, and I know there is an official order form for stamps, in my rural zip code I just leave cash and a note in my mailbox. When I was a carrier, I would often circumvent the "proper" procedure and do the same. Get to know your letter carrier,there is service and then there is better service.
    Right or wrong I was always more willing to go the extra step for Joe and Matilda who would speak to me,give me a cold drink,etc, than I was for 294 W Park St. who I seldom saw and when I did they didn't speak.

4. Lobelia Sackville

Lobelia Sackville Well-Known Member
    Registered

I buy a lot of stamps. Although I pay most bills online, I belong to a book and movie swap club, so I mail out a lot of books. I buy the stamps online too, so it minimizes the time I have to spend in the Post Office.