It's Transgender Awareness Week, Nov 13-20

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by John Brunner, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

“…But I’ve gotta use words when I talk to you.”

T.S. Elliott

I get a bee in my bonnet sometimes about the way words are used. Being a biologist, and having the associated views about life, it makes me absolutely nuts when I hear people talking about when life begins in abortion conversations. For me, it is a completely irrelevant topic since life is a continuum. Life always comes from already living things. To talk about when life begins is an argument for abiogenesis, not abortion. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Jaspurr Miller likes this.
  2. Jaspurr Miller

Jaspurr Miller Well-Known Member
    Registered

First off, please don't call me "dear." It's condescending. It is really too bad that the BLM movement got so out of hand in the U.S. Of course, anyone would dislike an organization for sanctioning the burning down of business, theft and murder. We had BLM marches here in Canada, including my own city, and there was none of that. It was a peaceful gathering to advocate fair treatment for Blacks, especially when it comes to racial profiling and police brutality. That was supposedly the core initiative of the movement. Privileged white folks who say "white lives matter too" just don't get what BLM is all about. White people are not treated differently and antagonized because of the colour of their skin. Anyone who has an issue with the core message of BLM is guilty of veiled racism, in my opinion.

3. Jaspurr Miller

Registered

Oh, you're opening up a can of worms here, Thomas. LOL I agree with you.

4. Jaspurr Miller

Registered

I've been called "woke" many times. I take it as compliment because it means that I'm empathetic toward members of our society who marginalized and speak out against injustices.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Veiled racism is just another catch phrase the left uses when all else fails.
    A rather risque’ quote goes thusly: If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.

So far as the word “dear” goes, be offended if you wish. Since there was no intent to offend, no offense should be taken. At the beginning of a letter or notice, Dear is used whether it is dear sir, dear madam, dear whatever as in:

Dear Jaipurr Miller,
    Opinions are aplenty even though I have tried to give you enough facts sans opinion as I could but alas, you seem to believe that opinions trump facts: In short…they do not.
    It is evident to me Jaipurr, that at this point, all you wish to do is to criticize without any attempt to come to grips with the real truth instead of rationalizations that fall short of good reasoning or some semblance of well studied critical thinking.

For now, since this conversation has reached an obvious impasse because I rely on facts and logic whilst you rely on rhetoric and opinion and I no longer wish to beat a dead horse,
    I do believe this most humble gentleman will bid thee adieu.

6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It’s also just another adjective one places upon themselves in order to feel more important.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Put 100 women and 10 men on a deserted island. In 100 years you will have a community of men, women, boys and girls.

Put 100 trans women and 10 men on a deserted island. In 100 years you will find the skeletons of 110 men.

Nature is so cruel.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Thomas Windom

Registered

I got a chuckle out of Richard Dawkins recently.
    ““There are two sexes. You could talk about gender if you wish and that’s a subjective [statement].”

“When pressed by Morgan on his response to people who say that there are “100 genders”, Dawkins replied: “I’m not interested in that. As a biologist, there are two sexes and that’s all there is to it.””
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...o-sexes-decries-woke-bullying-of-j-k-rowling/

9. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

from Jaspurr:
    ... empathetic toward members of our society who marginalized and speak out against injustices.

Not a darn thing wrong with that. I'm with you.

It's funny how the political pundits play with the language. The left are supposedly already 'woke' while the right urges people to 'wake up' to reality. It all makes me want a good long nap.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

A cop’s actual comeback during an arrest:

Whilst a male cop is arresting and patting down a female Antifa member, someone calls out asking why there isn’t a female cop doing the pat down.
    The cop’s answer? How do you know that I don’t identify as a female?

Hilarious !!!

Sunny Bonet and Mary Stetler like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

More and more, they are replacing women with men pretending to be women, like the transgender guy in the blonde wig that is now the “spokeswoman” on the bag of Cheez-its.
    I was just seeing today that Nike has chosen a male model for their line of women's sport bras and leggings.

IMG_5007.jpeg

Sunny Bonet and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Apparently, it is not just Nike and Budweiser, this fake woman is being paid by a whole string of large companies to represent their products that are made for women.
    If they just sell these products to the fake women, and not the real women, they are going to find themselves going bankrupt before long, in my opinion.

Nike Women
    • Bud Light
    • Ole Henrikson
    • Plaza Hotel
    • Mac
    • Ulta Beauty
    • Tampax
    • Crest
    • Kate Spade
    • Ok Cupid
    • Svedka Vodka
    • Urban Decay
    • Walmart
    • Mugler
    • Rent the Runway
    • Aritzia
    • Charlotte Tilbury

Sunny Bonet and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for this list of "things to avoid." I must say I'm surprised by Bud Light and Walmart, those stalwarts of redneck America. :D Perhaps they need a reminder as to which side of the bread the butter is on.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Tampax?
    Out of all the companies and brands that Proctor and Gamble owns, why on earth would they want a non-chop job trans to represent a feminine hygiene product? Even the chop jobs have no need for such things.

Max Factor maybe or even Old Spice but……

Sunny Bonet likes this.
  15. Thomas Windom

Registered